#1 diesel in a L3240

/ #1 diesel in a L3240 #1  

Vincie

I own a Kubota L3240 and have read in the owners manual that #1 diesel should be used when the temperature drops below 15 deg. f. Does anyone know whether #1 has the same gelling problems in the cold as #2 and what additives do most of you use with #1 in the winter months. This is my first tractor which I bought a few months ago and I'm planning my winter strategy. Thanks for any info!!!!!!!!

/ #1 diesel in a L3240 #2  
Not sure where you live but in colder climates the stations automatically switch to a winter blend which will lower the cloud point (point at which the fuel starts to gel up and clog the filter due to waxes). If you want to be safe you can always use an additive. (I use power service but you'll get a lot of opinions soon. Power service is big with truckers so I figured if they use it for a $250K tractor trailer it's ok for my little tractor)

/ #1 diesel in a L3240 #3  
The reason they tell you to switch to #1 diesel fuel in the winter is because it has a lower gel and cloud point then #2 does. Like Gerard said, most northern states automatically switch to a winter blend in the winter. Some use #1 and some go with a diesel/kerosene blend. Check with your fuel supplier and see what they do in the winter.

/ #1 diesel in a L3240 #4  
I own a Kubota L3240 and have read in the owners manual that #1 diesel should be used when the temperature drops below 15 deg. f. Does anyone know whether #1 has the same gelling problems in the cold as #2 and what additives do most of you use with #1 in the winter months. This is my first tractor which I bought a few months ago and I'm planning my winter strategy. Thanks for any info!!!!!!!!
Actually we are looking at a winter blend and a summer blend of fuel not 2 different grades of fuel.
Where I live I don't concern myself to much with which one i have in the tractor.