Oil & Fuel 100 hour

/ 100 hour #11  
I guess you could do Red Green style and do it with Duct Tape. LOL
I understand that if you go driving through the woods and run over limbs that on some Kioit's that a certain filter will get removed without having to touch it.:)

Last edited:
   / 100 hour #12  
I spent some time indeed on the Hydraulic filter on the DK35se. I wound up driving a piece of 1/2 inch all thread thru it. I bought a chain wrench later, but shouldn't need it. I didn't have any trouble with the oil or the hydrostat filter. But that hydraulic filter was put on by one stout Korean fella.

/ 100 hour #13  
I'm glad I read these forums that mentioned the difficulty in removing the filters for the first time. I was prepared with a ratchet strap wrench, and needed it. The hydraulic filter buckled slightly before finally coming loose. The mounting plate the engine oil filter attaches to twisted slightly before the filter broke loose. I straightened the mounting plate and tightened the nut that holds it.

I've had no problems with subsequent changes (now at 440 hrs). Some say the original tight filters are from painting after the filters are installed. Whatever the reason, it would be nice if Daedong changed their procedures to ensure the filters are installed as per their instructions (I think they say 1/2 turn after contact) and reasonably easy to remove.

But the instructions in these forums were great. They kept me from panicing at the overly tight filters.