10x16.5 tube in a 10x16 tire

/ 10x16.5 tube in a 10x16 tire #1  

Arky217

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L4200
I have a 4 wheel drive kubota L4200; it has industrial tread tires on the front.
The size on the tires is 10x16. The right tire has a tube and it gives me no problem.
The left tire is tubeless and it leaks flat within a week.

I'm having a problem finding a 10x16 inner tube, but there seem to be a lot of
10x16.5 skidsteer tubes available. Will they work in my 10x16 tire ?

/ 10x16.5 tube in a 10x16 tire #2  
Before you try it, dismount the wheel & tire from the tractor, fill it with 50 psi, and put it into a trough with water in it to see where the leak(s) are. Could be just the valve stem at the wheel or even the valve in the stem. Check the bead area carefully. Look for tiny little bubbles at the bead edge.

I found a can pf "Bead Sealer" at RK. Thick black rubber cement. If its the rim interface, break the bead and slobber this stuff on the wheel at the bead area and remount it. If its the tire valve, replace it. Could even be the wheel with a bad weld. Seal it.

My local tire service company does this with ALL the ag tires he deals with.

Even if it comes down to putting a tube in, it will work because any gaps inside between the tire & tube will be sealed ( the tube will try to displace the air between the tube and the tire & rim but since it started life, some air could be trapped inside, but who cares. BTW: the bead sealer won't glue the tire to the rim, so dismounting it is never a problem. I deal with this all the time. Works even on 6" tires.

/ 10x16.5 tube in a 10x16 tire #3  
The compatibility between a 10x16 tire and a 10x16.5 inner tube is not guaranteed. The key factor here is the difference in the decimal point size, which indicates a small but potentially critical difference in the diameter of the tube. While it might seem like a minor difference, using an inner tube that is not designed for the exact size of your tire could lead to problems like improper fit, increased wear, reduced performance, and even safety risks.

Tire and inner tube sizing is precise and crucial for optimal performance, load-bearing capacity, and safety + mac show hidden files. Using an inner tube that is not specifically designed for your tire size can result in a poor fit, leading to uneven pressure distribution, increased likelihood of punctures or leaks, and even the potential for the inner tube to become dislodged during operation.

/ 10x16.5 tube in a 10x16 tire #4  
You need to use a 10.00-16 tube.

/ 10x16.5 tube in a 10x16 tire #5  
For bicycles, small differences in tube sizes are irrelevant. I can't imagine HUGE tractor tires would be all that different.

I'll have to look at 16.5" sizes a bit more. The primary difference is a different bead shape (sloped) vs flat for 16". However, that wouldn't necessarily impact the tube.

Many tractor/implement tires seem to list 16.1" sizes which would be worth looking for.

/ 10x16.5 tube in a 10x16 tire #6  
A 10-16.5 tire is 30.5" tall, a 10.00-16 tire is 35.2" tall. Use a tube that is the same size as your tire.

/ 10x16.5 tube in a 10x16 tire #7  
Looking on the web, there are many 10.00-16 tubes available.

However, most also are listed to fit a range of tire sizes.

10.00/11.00 - 15/16

Since the tube sizes are readily available, you might as well just order one. However, tubes expand. That is how they work!!!

It is a good point that the profile height of the skidsteer tires apparently is lower than the tractor tires, so you may be pushing the sizes slightly. There is also a 12/16.5 skidsteer tire size that may be closer to the tire height, but the tube may be somewhat large as the tire is wider.

Keep in mind that most people don't drive their tractors 80 MPH down the interstate highway.

I'd rather have a tube that stretched slightly than one that got all folded up in the tire.

/ 10x16.5 tube in a 10x16 tire #8  
You need to use a 10.00-16 tube.
Yes, if you have a 10.00 16 tire, they are much taller and require a larger tube. the 10/16.5 will work but thin out too much from the stretch, and fail down the road.

/ 10x16.5 tube in a 10x16 tire #9  
PRODUCTS | MULTI SEAL® HYDRO 1500 PRO HD 2500 ARMOR 3500

I've had success with this company's products. I took a chance about 18 months ago with a leaky tractor tire because I don't like tubes, and my needing the air compressor to use the tractor problem was solved in under 10 minutes.

/ 10x16.5 tube in a 10x16 tire #10  
On the exactness thing, anybody bought a tube for a Ford front end lately? The tubes that work and don't split and are available around here (Korean) have an applicable tire range of several sizes, like 2 diameters and 4 or so widths of adaptability to a specific tire.