'11 M7040 engine died

/ '11 M7040 engine died #1  

Tx Jim

Tractor
JD 4255/Kubota M7040 HDC
My '11 M7040 engine died as my daughter was backing it out of tractor shed. Tach shows a little over 1500 hrs. I've filled the fuel tank which BTW gauge showed 1/2 of tank of fuel,installed new filter which only had 2'' of fuel in old filter,cleaned water seperater bowl & screen,blew out line from filter to fuel tank with compressed air. Engine will only run a short period of time & then quit running. Attempting to start with fuel cap from tank removed didn't help.
Thanks for any replies,Jim

/ '11 M7040 engine died #2  
My '11 M7040 engine died as my daughter was backing it out of tractor shed. Tach shows a little over 1500 hrs. I've filled the fuel tank which BTW gauge showed 1/2 of tank of fuel,installed new filter which only had 2'' of fuel in old filter,cleaned water seperater bowl & screen,blew out line from filter to fuel tank with compressed air. Engine will only run a short period of time & then quit running. Attempting to start with fuel cap from tank removed didn't help.
Thanks for any replies,Jim

How does it run, chugging, belching smoke, fast, slow, or normal and stops. Is the operator on it? Can you throttle up and down?

/ '11 M7040 engine died #3  
You might have to bleed the fuel lines.

/ '11 M7040 engine died #4  
I'm wondering - guck in the fuel tank that has plugged the line from the tank to the fuel filter.

/ '11 M7040 engine died
Sorry for not updating quicker. Evidently fuel supply from tank to inj pump was blocked. After blowing compressed air from filter back to tank & having 3 different people pumping hand pump with the last extended pumping the engine started & ran fine. Evidently it took more pumping to get all the air out of fuel system than my 1st 2 helpers wanted to exert.

/ '11 M7040 engine died #8  
Sorry for not updating quicker. Evidently fuel supply from tank to inj pump was blocked. After blowing compressed air from filter back to tank & having 3 different people pumping hand pump with the last extended pumping the engine started & ran fine. Evidently it took more pumping to get all the air out of fuel system than my 1st 2 helpers wanted to exert.

Thanks for the update. That is good to know, with fuel systems I usually quit way too early.

/ '11 M7040 engine died #9  
Had the same problem with my M6040. I followed the instruction in my owners manual, and the air was still in the line after pumping the filter pump. I watched a video on the "Orange" youtube site and the mechanic said to open the injector nuts, and get the air out there. It did not help. I came here and found this thread. So I used the compressor from the filter back and batta bing, batta boom, she ran like a champ.