1210 Fender lights

/ 1210 Fender lights
Well, time to check voltage regulator output and install some new bulbs! Hopefully riding around in the dark is a thing of the past!
David from jax

Attachments

• 20240517_141909.jpg
    20240517_141909.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
   / 1210 Fender lights
I tripped over something that wasn't supposed to be laying on the floor while looking for the bag that held a new multi meter. Jammed my big toe, if not worse! Broke that brand new bulb that was in my hand! Went ahead and grabbed another bulb and installed it, then fired the little Ford up and went for a drive. It worked great! I drove around more than I did last time, when the bulbs blew and no issues, except only one fender light tends to make a lot of shadows!
David from jax

/ 1210 Fender lights #14  
Well, time to check voltage regulator output and install some new bulbs! Hopefully riding around in the dark is a thing of the past!
David from jax
Bummer I didn't see this thread sooner. The Wagner HM202 is the Halogen Version, and at 35W outshines the regular P15D bulb by nearly 2X. This bulb is very common in the Japan made tractors of our era, 70s thru the 90s.

The OE bulb manufacture is Stanley.

H6M or HM202.jpg

This HM202 or H6M with P15D base, basically replaces all of these bulbs. (y)

P15D25-1.jpg

Your old bulb is the PS039. Dim and dull. 'Nearly' and of the bulbs with a top glass tip point are halogen types.

/ 1210 Fender lights
Bummer I didn't see this thread sooner. The Wagner HM202 is the Halogen Version, and at 35W outshines the regular P15D bulb by nearly 2X. This bulb is very common in the Japan made tractors of our era, 70s thru the 90s.

The OE bulb manufacture is Stanley.

View attachment 871057

This HM202 or H6M with P15D base, basically replaces all of these bulbs. (y)

View attachment 871058

Your old bulb is the PS039. Dim and dull. 'Nearly' and of the bulbs with a top glass tip point are halogen types.
The issue with your replacement is it is a two element bulb. Mine is a single element bulb. The PS039 doesn't match my bulb. That looks like a Hinomoto bulb? Mine has tabs on the outside of the circle that is soldiered to the base.
They are some interesting bulbs in that picture!
David from jax

/ 1210 Fender lights #16  
The issue with your replacement is it is a two element bulb. Mine is a single element bulb. The PS039 doesn't match my bulb. That looks like a Hinomoto bulb? Mine has tabs on the outside of the circle that is soldiered to the base.
They are some interesting bulbs in that picture!
David from jax
If you look closer, all of the bulbs have 1 or 3 or no tabs. Some have 1, 2, or 3 cut-out slots in the flange disc.

If your bulb only has one filament inside, at the very bottom base, is there only one button contact or two?

I only ask cause upgrading to a halogen type is the same money you had spent and 2X the brightness over all is a great help at night.

Last edited:
   / 1210 Fender lights
Single button, single filament is what came on it when I purchased it, and probably what came when new.
David from jax