3-Point Hitch 1210 lift arms don't lift

/ 1210 lift arms don't lift
The screen on mine is in the pump which is attached to the right side of the engine. I removed and cleaned it, but there was no evidence of debris of any kind. I drained the fluid from the trans/ diff and it flowed freely. It was a golden color, but a little cloudy as would be expected for old fluid. All in all very encouraging

/ 1210 lift arms don't lift #12  
The screen on mine is in the pump which is attached to the right side of the engine. I removed and cleaned it, but there was no evidence of debris of any kind. I drained the fluid from the trans/ diff and it flowed freely. It was a golden color, but a little cloudy as would be expected for old fluid. All in all very encouraging

ok. good you probably have some condensation in the diffy housing as it is atmospherically vented. So , are you saying the screen was not in the diffy and right next to the pump? did you have to remove suction piping and banjo connection to remove the screen? I think I'll visit New Holland Website for looksy.

/ 1210 lift arms don't lift #13  
I took a loo at it. Please look at the attached diagram. So you removed # 7, right? was it filter or screen type? certainty a bit more advanced than 1700.

Attachments

• HYDRAULIC PUMP & PIPING - 1210.pdf
    194.1 KB · Views: 130
   / 1210 lift arms don't lift
Sorry to be late with reply. Yes, the part I removed and cleaned is #7. It is a screen. Everything is back together, and seems to be operating properly. The only change is a clean screen (which didn't have any debris), and new fluid. I replaced the piston without replacing the seal, but I did buy another seal just in case. The seal appears to be $5.98 item, but was actually $52.00. I will add it to my will.

/ 1210 lift arms don't lift #15  
Sorry to be late with reply. Yes, the part I removed and cleaned is #7. It is a screen. Everything is back together, and seems to be operating properly. The only change is a clean screen (which didn't have any debris), and new fluid. I replaced the piston without replacing the seal, but I did buy another seal just in case. The seal appears to be $5.98 item, but was actually $52.00. I will add it to my will.

Ouch, sorry for the sticker shock. I bought mine for $8 from NH dealer 15 years ago. Wished I bought a spare and even another pump overhaul kit. I think Messick's had it at least for 1700 under $30. So, you re-installed the piston with the old seal and not a new piston? right? anyhow , you should be good to go. Leaving the tractor outside and not under the cover causes some water intrusion and condensation built up in the diffy and transmission and oil and water just don't mix. 3 point lift design for 1000 series NH tractor are awesome in simplicity and maintainability.