12v connectors aren’t working

/ 12v connectors aren’t working #1  

Pgwheaton

Tractor
New Holland TV45
I have been using this tractor to spray fields for quite a few years and was aware one of the connectors wasn’t working the past two. This year I bought a bigger field sprayer and wouldn’t you know the other 12v connector isn’t working. I know it’s not the connecting harness with the switch as I put the 4 wheeler by the tank and connected it and pump came on so it’s clearly the tractor. I cleaned the connectors with a compressor and contact cleaner as well. I am wondering where the fuse might be that could be causing the issue. I guess I’ll just splice the harness and out a new connector on if it isn’t a fuse issue. I presume it’s under the dash and maybe the best way to get to it is to pull the left side panel off??
Thank you
Patty

/ 12v connectors aren’t working #2  
I did a Google search and it doesn't show a TV45 tractor (that is in your sig).

do you have the manual? Fuse locations should be in there

/ 12v connectors aren’t working #3  
I think you're on the right track, most likely a fuse issue.

It's probably a fuse in the main fuse block, but there's a possibility that there is a separate in-line fuse just for the 12v power socket.

/ 12v connectors aren’t working #4  
Is there power on one side of the connector When connected to the tractor? If not, then not the connection issue, but power supply issue. Can you just trace the wire into the tractor? I would start at that point.

/ 12v connectors aren’t working #5  
If connector (plug or socket) has power to one side of socket the its probably a problem with plug/socket, if no voltages present (acc. switch on/off?) then its probably a fuse or wiring problem (mouse eaten?)... Simple electrical probe may be tool needed to chase electrical problem if you don't have a multi-meter...

2700449466_c7ca691904_z.jpg

Simplest tool ever to use, alligator clip to good(clean) ground and if probe touched to "live" circuit (meaning +voltage present). mead circuit is good at that point...