14.9 x 26 Ag tires - mounted

/ 14.9 x 26 Ag tires - mounted #1  

Michael_C

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L5030,Gearmore
I just purchased a 2003 Kuboa L5030 which came with turf tires - I will be pulling a disc with it and suspect the turf tires will have some problem gripping and am looking to see if there is a used set for sale. Anyone know of a good site to be watching?

/ 14.9 x 26 Ag tires - mounted #2  
That is an odd size tire. New ones are very expensive compared to a 24 or 28 inch rim. I do have an answer for you though: Allis Chalmers D14's and D15's commonly use that size. Some Gleaner combines used a 26 inch rim also but I think the width was 16.9 or 18.x I would post a "wanted" question in the discussion forum at www.allischalmers.com good luck

/ 14.9 x 26 Ag tires - mounted #3  
As Gene said that is sort of an odd sized tire. I have them on an old IH, but they are commonly found on older combines and such. A local dealer quoted $365 each to me !!!
I am on the lookout as well...Missed a good pair at an auction a while back that went for $120 mounted on nice rims /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I would have paid $300 for the pair.
Ben

/ 14.9 x 26 Ag tires - mounted #4  
I do believe that the tractor is a four wheel drive and if this is the case, all four tires need to be replaced, not just the rears.

If I am reading the price list correctly from the MN state site, you should be able to pick up all four including the rims from a Kubota dealer for $940.00.

/ 14.9 x 26 Ag tires - mounted #5  
Unfortunatly dumbdog this is not the case. It is a few grand for all 4.

There is a 28" tire and rim option for the L5030 I think you'll find is the normal one the dealers order.

We had the dealer swap off the turfs when we bought our 5030 but we went with R-4's.

/ 14.9 x 26 Ag tires - mounted
Thanks for the information - Would going with a 28 inch tire open the door to better pricing, or just better availability? Any idea what size the front has to be (with 28" rear tires)? I would think the fronts would end up being an odd size to keep the ratio the same.