Oil & Fuel 1528 Hydraulic service?

/ 1528 Hydraulic service? #1  

2fs2ns

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1528
I'm a first time tractor owner, had this 2011 1528 for about a year now. It's got around 200 hours on it and I'm overdue on the hydraulic oil service. I'd really like to do it myself and save the $400 that the dealer wants, but I'm finding it difficult to gather any information on how to do it. Where the filter(s) are, procedures, etc. I've found you can get a service manual for around $100 from agco, worth it? Or if anyone has a resource that might point me in the right direction I'd appreciate any information! Thanks guys.

/ 1528 Hydraulic service? #2  
I'm a first time tractor owner, had this 2011 1528 for about a year now. It's got around 200 hours on it and I'm overdue on the hydraulic oil service. I'd really like to do it myself and save the $400 that the dealer wants, but I'm finding it difficult to gather any information on how to do it. Where the filter(s) are, procedures, etc. I've found you can get a service manual for around $100 from agco, worth it? Or if anyone has a resource that might point me in the right direction I'd appreciate any information! Thanks guys.
I can't see that it would be a whole lot different than my 2012 1526

/ 1528 Hydraulic service?
Probably not, how hard was it to do?

/ 1528 Hydraulic service? #4  
Probably not, how hard was it to do?
. It isn't too difficult. Two drains in the final drives one transmission drain two big pails for the oil. Clean the strainer and change the filter. Fill it back up. If your tractor has a mid mount PTO then there is a drain plug there two. If you want to pm me an email address I can try to send you a few pictures but it will be for my 1526

Opening up an old thread here, but did you have to bleed any of the lines out? Friend of mine said that needed to be done like a car brake system.

So I'm going to try it, the only question I have is about bleeding the system. The guide makes it sound pretty simple but not too clear on instructions.

I think I located the bleed screw, can anyone confirm?
bleed screw.png

IMG_2151.JPG

The diagram doesn't exactly match up, but some of the items do. I've circled them in matching colors...

bleed screw.pngIMG_2151.JPGIMG_2150.JPG

So I'm going to try it, the only question I have is about bleeding the system. The guide makes it sound pretty simple but not too clear on instructions.

I think I located the bleed screw, can anyone confirm?
View attachment 430315

View attachment 430316