1540 stalls

/ 1540 stalls #1  

Coville

Tractor
MF 1540
My 1540 is about 10 years old. Couple of months ago with 900 hours on it the rear end went out. Could still engage the 4 wheel drive so I used the front wheel drive to get it on the flatbed and haul it to the local dealer. They said it was a mechanical failure that they hadn't seen and would contact Massey. Well out of warranty but Massey supplied the parts (reported to be upgraded, so it maybe a rare problem but they are aware of it) and I had to pay the labor. It wasn't cheap. Put about 30 hours on since then. Today my wife was mowing the horse paddock and it stalled out. Let it cool off, still cuts out. Engine starts and runs find. With everything in neutral, clutch pedal pressed to the floor, when you shift the lever to forward or reverse I hear a click in the area of the throttle cable connection and the engine shuts off. The clutch pedal is still pressed to the floor! It's Sunday, so I can't call the dealer. Any ideas of what is causing this problem?

/ 1540 stalls #2  
If you haven't figured it out yet it sounds like you're seat safety switch is malfunctioning

/ 1540 stalls #3  
I'm impressed that they supplied the parts for the repair on a 10 yr old machine.