1552 with Dyna QPS won't move

/ 1552 with Dyna QPS won't move #1  

DMF

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1552 Cab Model
My tractor won't move. Well, it kind of moves but makes grinding sounds and will also jam up and stop altogether stalling the motor. I damaged the wire going to the shift position sensor under the tractor while brush hogging. It's in a terrible location, and I've done it before but apparently did not learn my lesson; I should have built a skid plate and/or guard. Anyway, I replaced the sensor hoping that might fix the problem. It didn't and actually the error light is still on. I have no idea what to do at this point. Massey pulled out of my local dealer where they had been since the 60's. The closest one to me is in CT but they have gouged me so bad on parts in the past that I order everything from NH. I can't imagine how much a dealer would charge me at this point regardless; certainly more than I can probably afford. I know it's a wild shot, but has anyone else had this happen? Any ideas?

/ 1552 with Dyna QPS won't move #2  
Sorry I cannot help BUT yours's is one more good data point in the rotten disease going around this country -- namely the big corporate outfits slowly but surely trashing and putting out of business the smaller/older dealers who have been serving us for many decades and doing one hell of a lot better job of it than the fair-haired-wonder-childs of the big multi-dealer clusters that the industry is bent on forcing us to... good luck!

Just a wild thought -- you might look around and find any brand of tractor shop that does much work on them. Probably they could debug and fix your issue. I guess if you cannot move the tractor you can't even haul it somewhere to be worked on ! That's a tough one.

/ 1552 with Dyna QPS won't move #3  
did the mechanics suddenly forget how to work on it once massey pulled out??
or the dealer just refusing to work on masseys?

/ 1552 with Dyna QPS won't move #4  
Does it do this in 2wd and 4wd or only in 2wd?