1700 light replacement

/ 1700 light replacement #1  

tomanytractors

the glass broke out of my ford 1700 tractor head light, i went to the dealer who got me one two years ago. They ordered the light for me and its wrong. it has an updated number and it doesnt even come close to fitting. Does anyone know where i can get a new glass or light assembly. New or used doesent matter to me.

/ 1700 light replacement #2  
the glass broke out of my ford 1700 tractor head light, i went to the dealer who got me one two years ago. They ordered the light for me and its wrong. it has an updated number and it doesnt even come close to fitting. Does anyone know where i can get a new glass or light assembly. New or used doesent matter to me.

I had one that was busted on my 1700 when I bought it. I bought replacement from NH with no issue and it fitted perfectly and the same socket configuration. Only difference was the lens was a bit off from the original. I can see if I have SKU # for the replacement.

JC,

/ 1700 light replacement
That would be great. two times they have gotten it wrong. They keep sending me what looks like a sealed beam light with the bulb missing. i just need the flat lense. Last time they got me the entire assembly but the numbers wore off, so any help to point them in the right direction. Also if i remember right i had this same problem last time.

/ 1700 light replacement #4  
That would be great. two times they have gotten it wrong. They keep sending me what looks like a sealed beam light with the bulb missing. i just need the flat lense. Last time they got me the entire assembly but the numbers wore off, so any help to point them in the right direction. Also if i remember right i had this same problem last time.

I don't live on my property where the tractor is . I'll be going there on Saturday and will check it out. I might have taken a note of it on my manual. I'll check that as well.

JC,

/ 1700 light replacement
Thank you for the information, I read alot of your posts about 3pt lift problems, and I have some quick questions. the tractor slowly developed a bounce in the 3pt, oil, pump,and lift all function and seem fine. So what i am getting to is i am assuming my seal is going bad and leaking down and lifting up. it doesnt matter if the is an implement or not, and when i shut the tractor down it drops instantly. any suggestions or comformations would be great. thanks agian.

/ 1700 light replacement #6  
Thank you for the information, I read alot of your posts about 3pt lift problems, and I have some quick questions. the tractor slowly developed a bounce in the 3pt, oil, pump,and lift all function and seem fine. So what i am getting to is i am assuming my seal is going bad and leaking down and lifting up. it doesnt matter if the is an implement or not, and when i shut the tractor down it drops instantly. any suggestions or comformations would be great. thanks agian.

Coupler of things, I did look at my records of maintenance I had on my 1700. I have all the receipt in an envelope stapled to my manual. unfortunately I had all but the light that I bought. All I can do is to pick up any number if there is off the light itself. I know I took the old defective light with me to TSC to see if I can find a facsimile of it with no luck. I then took that to my NH dealer that is a bit further. They had to special order it and when I cam to pick up I had the old one to compare and contrast. That might be what you can do as well.

On the hyd system, I think "bounce" is different than a "leak down". I can say most probable cause is single nylon lift piston seal that your rig has. With bad oil, clogged filter the lift system might not even go up and has very little to do with arms dropping. You can easily do a non destructive inspection to see if you need to replace the seal. It take only 45 minutes to do the job by removing the 6 bolts from the head assembly and withdrawing the cylinder and piston for inspection. The seal is only $8 so I strongly suggest that you have a seal on hand so your labor will not be wasted. it takes a same amount of time to inspect and replace the seal. I have gone thru the whole thing on my old post. There are two big o-rings that I changes on the head that really did not need changing and I did since I bought all I needed before attempting repair.. I have a few spares now. I say 9 out of 10 the culprit for issue you brought up is the seal itself. let us know if you have more questions.

JC,

/ 1700 light replacement
thanks for all your help. i did take the old one to new holland and they still screwed up. CNH keeps sending the updated part. Do you have the part # for the big seal on the piston?. i have the other orings in our shop. Whenever you get a chance to look at the light let me know. thanks agian.

/ 1700 light replacement #8  
thanks for all your help. i did take the old one to new holland and they still screwed up. CNH keeps sending the updated part. Do you have the part # for the big seal on the piston?. i have the other orings in our shop. Whenever you get a chance to look at the light let me know. thanks agian.

Yes. It is SBA 050309012 for $8.58 when I bought it 5-6 years ago. Messick's sells it on line for $14.13 and they have two in stock... I reckon cost of inflation is included. It will be several days before I can look at the light, probably Wednesday after thanksgiving, deer season opener:D.

JC,

NH-parts site: 19 1 SBA050309012 SEAL Seal, Start Year: 01/01/1979

Messick's source

Part Search

/ 1700 light replacement #9  
I was at my place this morning and checked the light. the replacement mark had the following mark that was same as original. The replacement was just a bit brighter.

JC,

Ford 1700 front light, AH231 Shikawa