Oil & Fuel 1740M Greasing Spindles

/ 1740M Greasing Spindles #1  

567Chief

Tractor
Ford 2000 (1965) Ford 801 Power Master (1958) Farmall Super-A (1949) 1740M
So I recently bought a 1740M and upon comparing my tractor to the diagram in my owner’s manual could not find the two spindle zerks referenced. Can anyone confirm that grease is not required and they are protected with hydraulic fluid? I’m finding too many disconnects between my tractor and my owner’s manual. Massey publishing needs to step up their game.

/ 1740M Greasing Spindles #2  
One zerk fitting. If you look at the bottom of the housing you’ll see a drain plug for changing the oil

This is a good site for you to view all the parts. Login

/ 1740M Greasing Spindles #3  
So I recently bought a 1740M and upon comparing my tractor to the diagram in my owner’s manual could not find the two spindle zerks referenced. Can anyone confirm that grease is not required and they are protected with hydraulic fluid? I’m finding too many disconnects between my tractor and my owner’s manual. Massey publishing needs to step up their game.

I found grease nipple discrepancies in my JD 4105 Owner Manual too... a couple added (FWD/REV pedal) and a couple removed (front axle). So it's not just MF that doesn't update their already published manuals when a slight modification happens.

Yeah, it's irritating.