1946 farmall h restored

/ 1946 farmall h restored #1  

zp18

Tractor
1946 farmall H , John Deere 4200 , John Deere 445
hello, i am just kinda curious. what would a 46' farmall H be worth if it was fully restored. Just trying to get some numbers and such. All opinions appreciated. thanks.

/ 1946 farmall h restored #2  
:) I can tell you I have spent approximately 5K on my 48 H. I'd be lucky to get 2K for it. You just ain't goona make any money on the old girls.

/ 1946 farmall h restored #3  
I agree with 300UGUY, it awfully hard to make any money restoring old tractors. What I run into all the time when looking to buy an old tractor, is someone who says their tractor has been restored, only to find out it has a sugarcoated paint job. But underneath the tractor's parts are worn out. And that's ok if the price is right. A truly restored tractor is worth a high price in my book. Most of the time, I always get way to much money in my old tractors. My hat is off to the restorer who can make money on old tractors. Everyone has a different standard for classifying a restored tractor. Good Luck
Klink

/ 1946 farmall h restored #4  
A truly restored tractor is worth a high price in my book. Most of the time, I always get way to much money in my old tractors. My hat is off to the restorer who can make money on old tractors.

I agree. Its it quite easy to spend $4000+ on a $1000 tractor. Its a hobby that we enjoy. To me its not about making money, its about preserving our agricultural history and enjoying it.

People definition of restored varies drastically. To some its a paint job, some its get it running and looking good and the true restoration is to take it completely apart and put it back to showroom condition, replacing and fixing worn parts bringing them back to factory tolerances.

New tires for a antique tractor run more then the tractor is worth in most cases.

I couldn't see a restored Farmall H fetching more than $2000, unless it had some rare factory options and had a restoration complete right down to the dot head IHC bolts.

Very few tractors fetch high dollars after a restoration. There is a few H's for sale around here where restored ones are going for the same price as un-restored ones.