1956 John Deere Model 420 Rockshaft Inoperative

/ 1956 John Deere Model 420 Rockshaft Inoperative #1  

joeykraz

Tractor
1956 John Deere 420W
I recently picked up a model 420 and it is missing all of the arms on the back. I can't get the rockshaft splines to turn at all and was wondering if anyone knows of some common problems on these. I checked the fluid it appears topped off and ok. All of the arms on the back are missing so I need to try and locate those too. There is an aftermarket front end loader attachment but it doesn't appear that the hydraulics were bypassed for it. I appreciate any feedback.

/ 1956 John Deere Model 420 Rockshaft Inoperative #2  
Move RS control lever forward,put pipe wrench on RS and push down from the rear. RS is only powered to rotate one direction. It must be forced down the other direction.

/ 1956 John Deere Model 420 Rockshaft Inoperative
I checked it out and I can move the outer splines both ways by hand. They maybe move a 1/4 of a turn each way and it doesn't matter where any levers are. I was wondering if the lever under left side of the seat has anything to do with the rockshaft. The two pistons that that lever appears to try and move don't move. Any help is greatly appreciated. Any ideas where I can pick up the rear arms and an air cleaner assembly?