1957 INTERNATIONAL 350 UTILITY SHIFT LEVER

/ 1957 INTERNATIONAL 350 UTILITY SHIFT LEVER #1  

Jimmy Joe

Gold Member
I have a shift lever issue with my new to me 350 utility when I shift the tractor the lever has extra play once in gear and I have to play with the lever to get it back out of gear at times. Once the lever is in the proper place it goes in and out of gear easily. The pin in the lever seems to not have any free play that I notice without removing it.

From what I read the end of the shift lever needs rebuilding by welding it up but I can't seem to find specs on how much to build it up I am thinking of just getting a used lever and putting it in. The tractor had a loader on it at one time so assume more wear due to that. When I drained the rear end I found a ball bearing and acouple of half round pieces not sure if they are related to the shift lever or not. There are no serious noises from the transmission or rear end so not sure what the pieces are from and have no repair history on the tractor. Wondering if anyone has the specs on rebuilding the end of the shift lever or other options thanks.

/ 1957 INTERNATIONAL 350 UTILITY SHIFT LEVER
Just an update I took a shot and welded up the tip and shaped it to what I thought would be close looking at a picture of a used one. It took some fitting and grinding several times it now goes into and out of gear without getting out of the shift rails but 4th and 5th seem a bit hard will see how it is over time. Fifth seems a bit shallow compared to the other gears but maybe that is normal.