1976 David Brown/Case 990 - Worth it?

/ 1976 David Brown/Case 990 - Worth it? #1  

phillbur20

Tractor
None at the Moment
I am looking into a David Brown 990 with an array of attachments. I did a walkthrough yesterday and drove the tractor. It runs well and everything seems to be functioning as it should. It has been owned by the same individual for the past 35 years in which he mostly maintained his gravel road and did some random landscaping. It has 2,300 hours, most of which were stated to have been on the tractor when he bought it.

I am living in MT and understand that 2WD might not be as desirable. I've listed below the attachments included(all of which are in good/great condition) and am wondering if this price is reasonable or not. There has been regular maintenance to the tractor (as far as I know). Tractor prices are pretty ridiculous around here and wondering if an older tractor like this might be worth it.

Tractor: 1976 David Brown 990 with Front Loader
Land Pride 6' Brush Hog
Land Pride Post Hole Auger
Land Pride 8' Landscaping Rake with 8' Blade
2 sections heavy duty 6' harrow
Manual and All Lube/Filters
Price: $13,750

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• db2.jpg
    db2.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 110
  • db1.jpg
    db1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 111
   / 1976 David Brown/Case 990 - Worth it? #2  
Welcome to TBN. If you have need for the attachments it's probably not a bad deal at all. Only you can determine your needs. You can price out whatever attachments you think you'll use and go from there. Just adding a loader to a tractor can set you back $4000 or more.

/ 1976 David Brown/Case 990 - Worth it?
Welcome to TBN. If you have need for the attachments it's probably not a bad deal at all. Only you can determine your needs. You can price out whatever attachments you think you'll use and go from there. Just adding a loader to a tractor can set you back $4000 or more.
Thanks Roadworthy. I appreciate that. I know attachments add up, and have resale value as well, especially if they're in decent shape. We are a small farm, so most would probably be put to use.

/ 1976 David Brown/Case 990 - Worth it? #4  
   / 1976 David Brown/Case 990 - Worth it? #5  
I'd tell you it was way too much 3 years ago but today it isn't. One thing to keep in mind is that the dollar ain't worth much and tractors today are bringing almost new prices for used.

/ 1976 David Brown/Case 990 - Worth it? #6  
To me it sounds too be several thousand to high, it does look good.
below is a link to tractor house, you can put in your zip and have it sort by distance,
and see everything or filter by hp.
https://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/search?Category=1110&State=MONTANA

I forgot to add 2wd with good chains ( the Euro studded type) will do quite well not as nice as 4wd but quite well.

/ 1976 David Brown/Case 990 - Worth it? #7  
   / 1976 David Brown/Case 990 - Worth it?
Going to pass. Thanks for your input everyone.