1983 YM 1301d 4x4

/ 1983 YM 1301d 4x4 #1  

Ducman

Tractor
Yanmar 1301d
When I shift into four-wheel-drive, I hear and feel a strong clank out of the left front hub. It is completely quiet when in 2wd. I am guessing there is a broken tooth on one or more of the gears. This is a new tractor to me and I’ve never taken it apart. Is this a common problem? Where do I find parts and any help or advice on what I am getting in to?
Thanks!

/ 1983 YM 1301d 4x4 #2  
Hey Ducman, I joined here recently as well and have had tons of help from various members. Im sure someone familiar with this machine/issue will comment soon. In the meantime, I have found a service manual to be extremely helpful as well as Hoye tractor for parts and info. There is also a search tool in the upper right corner of this site, change the drop down to “this forum” and you may find a similar thread with this issue discussed. Best of luck!

/ 1983 YM 1301d 4x4 #3  

/ 1983 YM 1301d 4x4 #4  
When I shift into four-wheel-drive, I hear and feel a strong clank out of the left front hub. It is completely quiet when in 2wd. I am guessing there is a broken tooth on one or more of the gears. This is a new tractor to me and I’ve never taken it apart. Is this a common problem? Where do I find parts and any help or advice on what I am getting in to?
Thanks!

Does the engine still have the ID plate near the starter?

If so, does it define the engine as the 3T70?
The 3T70 is extremely rare. The only other tractors using this engine are the YM1301, F13 & F14. There was never 2T70 nor a 2TR70 engine ever made. So, there isn't common 70mm piston, sleeves, rings to be had easily.

I do have a 3T70-B engine manual should you need it.
1634418201213.png

The electrical is very close.

1634418300525.png

/ 1983 YM 1301d 4x4
Hey Ducman, I joined here recently as well and have had tons of help from various members. Im sure someone familiar with this machine/issue will comment soon. In the meantime, I have found a service manual to be extremely helpful as well as Hoye tractor for parts and info. There is also a search tool in the upper right corner of this site, change the drop down to “this forum” and you may find a similar thread with this issue discussed. Best of luck!
Thanks!

thanks for the info, I had already found those exploded diagrams, that’s why im thinking one or more of the gears may have lost a tooth. I’ll find out once I take it apart and see what else needs to be rebuilt.
Does the engine still have the ID plate near the starter?

If so, does it define the engine as the 3T70?
The 3T70 is extremely rare. The only other tractors using this engine are the YM1301, F13 & F14. There was never 2T70 nor a 2TR70 engine ever made. So, there isn't common 70mm piston, sleeves, rings to be had easily.

I do have a 3T70-B engine manual should you need it.
View attachment 717268

The electrical is very close.

View attachment 717269
It does have the ID plate, I’ll take a look this week and report back