1990 CASE IH 485 with 2600 hours

/ 1990 CASE IH 485 with 2600 hours #1  

alvaradoc

Tractor
case ih 485
Hello,

I am looking at purchasing a case IH 485 with 2600 hours for $3200. I haven't checked it out personally yet however will do so this week.

Any known issues with this model, experiences,etc. Any pointers or info is appreciated.

/ 1990 CASE IH 485 with 2600 hours #2  
I don't know particulars on this brand/model but I've been looking at similar sized tractors and that would be a pretty decent price in this area if all is well with the tractor such as free or major leaks, decent rubber ect. That's assuming 2wd and no loader and if otherwise a great deal.

/ 1990 CASE IH 485 with 2600 hours #3  
That is a very good price. If it runs and has been maintained buy it.

/ 1990 CASE IH 485 with 2600 hours #4  
I have had a 485 for almost 24 years, it has been a great tractor. I used to bushhog commercially with it for about 7 years. It the tractor could push a tree over, I cut it. I've cut weeds high enough that I couldn't see past the front of the tractor. I drug of the oil filter once & bent the fuel filter. I fitted 3/8 plate on both sides of the engine to protect the oil & fuel filters & haven't had any problems since. It still runs great. Don't know how many hours it has on it as mice got to the wiring harness & had it for lunch. The only thing I have had done to it was rebuilt the injection pump, replace the injectors, replaced the radiator, replace the ball joints on the front end.