1990 Deutz Allis 5215 Clutch Replacement

/ 1990 Deutz Allis 5215 Clutch Replacement #1  

BSarte

I have a 1990 Deutz Allis model 5215 3 cylinder 18hp diesel tractor with front end loader and rear 6' blade. I have had it for 3 years and last year the clutch started to slip after using it for an hour or so and when it was hot. Now this year it is starting to slip a little more so I guess it is time to replace the clutch.

I need some info on how to do this (I am very mechanically inclined and have done MANY car clutches), where to get parts economically, and a parts breakdown.

I have also come accross some info that this tractor was marketed under some different names.

If anyone out there can help with ifo, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Bruce /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ 1990 Deutz Allis 5215 Clutch Replacement #2  
Well to replace the clutch your gonna have to split the tractor, and while your at it replace the pressure plate, throw out bearing, and resurface the flywheel. Of course the split point is at the engine and torque tube, so if an item resides on both sides of this line it either needs to be removed or disconnected, don't forget to wedge some blocks between the front axle housing and the articulation stops, so it doesn't flop over when you separate it, and make sure everything is well supported so it doesn't fall and break a housing. Check with your local Agco dealer for the parts or someone who deals in Hinomoto grays. If I remember correctly your machine should be close to a C172/174 Hinomoto. Sorry I can't help with a parts breakdown. I can't help but repeat make sure you block everything well you'll be movig and shaking things quite a bit and I'm sure those housings are very expensive and hard to find if it falls and breaks one.

/ 1990 Deutz Allis 5215 Clutch Replacement #3  
I can only add that a couple lengths of allthread on each side of clutch housing help things go back together nicely, and have pressure plate mount surface machined same as disc surface on flywheel.