200 square foot post and beam "barn" from salvaged wood

/ 200 square foot post and beam "barn" from salvaged wood #11  
That's a healthy looking frame! I think you won't be able to pile enough snow on it to collapse it ;)

/ 200 square foot post and beam "barn" from salvaged wood #12  
the real reason for the "permit" is so they can send out an appraiser and re-evaluate you ... ( always UP of course );)

found out that you need a permit for a large shed , but don't for your large ice shack ...

Exactly! Cut a hole in the floor; it's a bob house (New England term for ice fishing shack).

/ 200 square foot post and beam "barn" from salvaged wood #13  
why the hole ? , just runners under it make it a bob house up here ...:thumbsup:

/ 200 square foot post and beam "barn" from salvaged wood #14  
Nice work. When in doubt, build it stout:thumbsup:

I built a 20x28 pole frame building a few years ago for my equipment. Used the same foundation idea you're using.

Equipment shed-1.JPGEquipment shed-2.JPGEquipment shed-3.JPGEquipment shed-4.JPG

/ 200 square foot post and beam "barn" from salvaged wood
Last weekend we got the roof on. This week I spent my time getting the floor graveled, the cement-block skirting placed, and framing up the supports for the siding. Next steps, siding and doors.:cool2:

Mf

Attachments

• IMG_2516.jpg
    IMG_2516.jpg
    706.4 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_2515.jpg
    IMG_2515.jpg
    454 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_2493.jpg
    IMG_2493.jpg
    452.9 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_2474.jpg
    IMG_2474.jpg
    574.5 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_2456.jpg
    IMG_2456.jpg
    730.5 KB · Views: 217
   / 200 square foot post and beam "barn" from salvaged wood #16  
Lookin good:thumbsup:

/ 200 square foot post and beam "barn" from salvaged wood #17  
Mud, that's the same idea I have for my 36'x36' pole barn. Concrete squares poured deep in ground, then 6x6 posts bolted on top. But, me builder canno' seem to understand wha' I want. Eddie, I always like your advice, but you say just dig holes and put posts in ground. Wha' about this way? I'm a nut for high and dry!

Mud, that's the same idea I have for my 36'x36' pole barn. Concrete squares poured deep in ground, then 6x6 posts bolted on top. But, me builder canno' seem to understand wha' I want. Eddie, I always like your advice, but you say just dig holes and put posts in ground. Wha' about this way? I'm a nut for high and dry!

I have a barn I built 20 years ago with pressure treated posts in the ground with cement. Still good as new. The problem is, since they took arsenic out of the pressure treatment, poles don't seem to last more than a few years if they get any moisture at all. That's why I like the brackets nowadays.
Mf

Finished (except for the gutters)
MfIMG_2787.jpgIMG_2799.jpg

/ 200 square foot post and beam "barn" from salvaged wood #20  
Looks great. I love seeing those old timbers getting re-used. Thanks for sharing.