2001 Kubota b7300

/ 2001 Kubota b7300 #1  

casinthejoint

Tractor
Case 310g Dozer
I'm hoping to look at a Kubota b7300 Sunday. The seller said that they hit a pipe with a rear mounted finish mower. The owner forced the pto lever to disengage the pto but broke the pin or shaft that connects the lever and now the pto is stuck in high gear. 818 hrs decent looking tires and it comes with a finish mower and box blade. The asking price is $4500. I Want to try to talk the guy down to at least $4k. I think they probably broke the shift fork which doesn't cost much but I haven't worked on this tractor before. Is the asking price a good deal? What else should I check besides 4wd and shifting all the gears. Thanks

/ 2001 Kubota b7300 #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

Check for steering wheel play,look under for dips,check oil dip stick for sludge also radiator cap for fluid built up,check fan for cracks also the belt.
If HST drive pedal moves smoothly,check locking differential locks.

/ 2001 Kubota b7300
Welcome to TBN. :)

Check for steering wheel play,look under for dips,check oil dip stick for sludge also radiator cap for fluid built up,check fan for cracks also the belt.
If HST drive pedal moves smoothly,check locking differential locks.
Thanks for adding to my checklist. Do you think the asking price is good or I should talk them down since they don't know what the problem is? They said they haven't actually looked to see what the problem is with the pto shifter

/ 2001 Kubota b7300 #4  
Wouldn't hurt to ask for lower price since not knowing how much damage also how long you might have to wait for parts.

/ 2001 Kubota b7300 #5  
I bought mine 3 or 4 yrs ago. 1200 hours and had a 60'' belly mower but no loader but I have a loader on my 3240. I paid $4200. It has worked perfect since I bought it just wish it had power steering. I put a spinner on it and it helped a lot. I mow about 3 acres once a week, takes less than 2 hours.

Jeff

/ 2001 Kubota b7300 #6  
A couple working B7300's have listed recently at dealers for $8000-9000 with maybe 1-2 implements. Also recently saw a nice clean B7300 listed for sale at a dealer (Iowa) for $5000 (tractor only, no implements), very low hours (185) and turf tires.

IMHO, a higher hour tractor with unknown issues at $4000 might still be questionable. I would low ball the price, and possibly work up, but have a clear 'no higher' price in mind before you start talking.