2002 Kubota B7500 -

/ 2002 Kubota B7500 - #1  

NewCountryBoy

I am looking at a Kubota B7500 with brush hog for 4500.00. It is an individual selling it so no dealer warranty or anything fall back. I was only looking at spending 4K but this seems liek a pretty good deal. I am living in OK and have 5+ acres that need to be mowed but I am sure I could find other things to do. I eventually want a FEL but don't think with my budget right now, I could afford it. Here are the specs as best I know them.

2002 Kubota B7500, 21 hp diesel tractor, hydrostatic drive, 4X4, 1500 hrs, power steering, 3pt, pto with live power, rops, price is with mower on back of tractor, mower is a like new Woods RCC 42 brush hog includes all the pto shaft

/ 2002 Kubota B7500 - #2  
I am looking at a Kubota B7500 with brush hog for 4500.00. It is an individual selling it so no dealer warranty or anything fall back. I was only looking at spending 4K but this seems liek a pretty good deal. I am living in OK and have 5+ acres that need to be mowed but I am sure I could find other things to do. I eventually want a FEL but don't think with my budget right now, I could afford it. Here are the specs as best I know them.

2002 Kubota B7500, 21 hp diesel tractor, hydrostatic drive, 4X4, 1500 hrs, power steering, 3pt, pto with live power, rops, price is with mower on back of tractor, mower is a like new Woods RCC 42 brush hog includes all the pto shaft
Not a bad price if in fact it's not a scam deal. Not implying, just a friendly reminder. That seems a bit low in price but again, if it's legit, I'd say it's a deal as long as it has not been mis-cared for. Fifteen hundred hours is just getting borke in.

/ 2002 Kubota B7500 - #3  
Having owned a B7500 myself, i can assure you its a fine machine. That seems to be a very good deal, if the tractor was maintained well?

/ 2002 Kubota B7500 -
I called him, it should not be a scam. He posts quite a few tractors on CL. I guess individual isn't the right term then. I asked him if he had a dealership, he said no but he sells some. He was pretty friendly, knew quite abit about the tractor. It is a about an 1.5 hrs from me so it will be a drive. I will have to rent a UHAUL trailer to haul it home. Are these tractors known for any major issues?

/ 2002 Kubota B7500 -
I also wanted to say thanks. This site has the most helpful people on it I have ever found. I am keeping track of the good dealers because one of these days I would like to be able to afford a new tractor and want benefits of a good dealer.

/ 2002 Kubota B7500 - #6  
The B7500 is an easy machine to service and runs all day on 1 tank of fuel. Any kubota dealer will confirm that this model rarely has catastrophic failures! I recommend you perfom a full service on the machine when you get it.

/ 2002 Kubota B7500 - #7  
I spent a long time shopping before I ever bought a tractor...craig's list and e-bay are invaluable for keeping abreast of tractor values...

Most of the scams offer way too good to be true deals...lots of attachments, trailer inc. etc. and ALL of them want money up front without ever making the machine available for inspection...there will always be a song and dance about some shipper and e-bay or other pay service "to make sure its secure" (yeah right!) the whole idea is to get someone to act before thinking and just sending money (thousands of $) because they think they are getting such a great deal and are afraid of missing out...a shame that it works and the perps get away with it time and time again....

The only other type of tractor scams I ran into are grey market models with US model decals...usually done by lowlife dealers that are not associated with any major manufacturer...

/ 2002 Kubota B7500 -
Thanks for the response Slashpine. Is this tractor similiar to any other grey market tractor I should be weary of. I am avoiding the dealer thing in town because they seem to only have grey market with Vtek loaders which seem to be the worst combination you can find (based upon my research). I have been looking since I moved into our house in Decemeber. doesn't seem like that long but I am worried because I figure prices will jump when people need mowers. I am novice when it comes to tractors and I got some invaluable information from the general discussion when I started looking. The gentleman said the tractor ran well and it didn't have any major leaks. He said there may be some small leaks that he hasn't seen because it is a 2002. That seemed a bit odd to me but I figure that is stuff I can see when I check it out. I have an 03 Sierra 1500HD that probably has some seepage so I would assume somethign like this on a tractor would be normal. I figure that I can check the fluids (tranny and stuff) if I can find it. I know very little about what I am doing with a tractor but work on cars so I am not heading in completely blind.