Price Check 2002 TC40d price check

/ 2002 TC40d price check #1  

adamshatch

Tractor
Kubota Grand L4330 hst
After a couple of months of looking at and thinking about many different brands and sizes of tractor, I am still in the process of trying to find the perfect tractor for me. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Is it just me or can this whole process drive one crazy?? My local New Holland dealer recently got a 2002 TC40D in on trade. It has <font color="orange">hrs</font> on it and comes with a front loader and backhoe. He is asking <font color="red"> $22,000</font> for it. Is this a fair price? In your opinion is it worth the money saved to take a chance on a used tractor, or should I just pay the extra cash and get the piece of mind that comes with a new tractor?

Thanks for your help,

John

/ 2002 TC40d price check #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( After a couple of months of looking at and thinking about many different brands and sizes of tractor, I am still in the process of trying to find the perfect tractor for me. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Is it just me or can this whole process drive one crazy?? My local New Holland dealer recently got a 2002 TC40D in on trade. It has <font color="orange">hrs</font> on it and comes with a front loader and backhoe. He is asking <font color="red"> $22,000</font> for it. Is this a fair price? In your opinion is it worth the money saved to take a chance on a used tractor, or should I just pay the extra cash and get the piece of mind that comes with a new tractor?

Thanks for your help,

John )</font>

The answer might depend on what brand and model of backhoe, and what part of the country you are in (and I couldn't read the number of hours). I just bought a new TC35DA, 16LA loader with quick attach bucket, and 758C backhoe for $25,070 plus tax. I think the TC40DA would have been about $1500 more.

/ 2002 TC40d price check
Sorry about the missing hours thing - I got to carried away with the fancy color deal. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif It has 138 hours on it. I'm not sure of FEL and backhoe brands but I will find out when I call the dealer tonight and I will post that as well.

/ 2002 TC40d price check
O.K. - I went to see the tractor today and really want to know everyone's opinion on this as I don't want to miss out on this if it is a good deal.

Tractor Vitals: 2003 TC40D - 138hrs - Hydro trans. - NH Loader - NH Backhoe - 4 wheel weights - looks new with the exception of a crack in the hood where a round fence post rolled off loader and hit hood. The tractor was owned by a doctor who had horses and looks like it was lightly used.

The asking price on the tractor is $22,000. Does this sound like a fair price? I was thinking about trying to get him to throw in the mid-pto (parts and installation) and a rear remote into that price. Any thoughts on that?

I really appreciate any help you guys can give me as I am wanting to make a decesion quickly so I don't miss it.

John

/ 2002 TC40d price check #5  
John, for a backhoe tractor with those low, low hours, it sounds like a good deal as-is. If you can talk the dealer into adding a mid-PTO, I'd be surprised, but you might get a rear remote added. Either way, you should also have a year left on the drivetrain warranty. Make sure the dealer gives you credit for that in writing. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ 2002 TC40d price check #6  
Sounds like a really good deal as is to me. I paid the same for a new 2003 with supersteer and loader about a year ago. Does your machine have SS? Mine didn't come with the backhoe. Don't push for the mid mount PTO. I don't think that a belly mower will fit unless you remove the backhoe brackets so you wouldn't use the mid PTO anyway. You might be able to get him to move on rear remotes. The <font color="red"> PARTS </font> to install the first remote is from $225-$275 and second & third will be between $180-$230 each. Installation is pretty easy. PineRidge details the install on his site.