3-Point Hitch 2004 BX22 3PH won't raise, valve has no effect

/ 2004 BX22 3PH won't raise, valve has no effect #1  

copperehd1967

Tractor
Sweet66
Hi, I used to be copperhead1967 here but had to rejoin. Sorry but this rambles a bit.
Short story: is 3PH wont raise and sounds like a valve is open in tranny on left side under seat.

My 3PH won't raise or does once every 50 times. It sounds like a valve is open on the left side and running fluid in the transmission. PTOs both work and are not engaged, FEL is in bypass mode. Looped thru on right front.
I currently have the unit drained thinking I had too much fluid. Nope 2.7 gallons. Have new fluid and filter on the way w the other parts.

I have the FEL control valve tore apart and waiting on rebuild kits for the lower ends. I got tired of it freezing every winter and the float not working. Its not so intimating inside really. While the tractor is down I also rebuilt the starter and installed the Deere bypass relay that's been sitting for 5 years. Starts on the first ugga ugga now. Like brand new. Highly recommend this.

I have the leaky power steering unit off and the seal kit that's been sitting for two years is getting done next. Still leaves the mystery of the 3PH. Could a bad fitting at the rear backfeed loop cause this? I ordered 6 Vevor couplers because I'm tired of having old style and new Kubota fittings that don't fit one another. They any good?
What about the limit adjusting rod ? Seems to be secure and bolts haven't moved.
I did put shims in a few weeks back that have been sitting for a decade and raised the pressure from 1850 to about 2000PSI. It was fine for 2 weeks. What about diff lock stuck? I was using it shortly before all this started. hmmm.

I've rebuilt everything almost on this tractor over the years and have a fair working knowledge of the machine.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance

/ 2004 BX22 3PH won't raise, valve has no effect #2  
I'm not sure what to suggest about the 3PT not functioning...I have not had the BH off my BX22 for like a decade now. I would guess that something is blocked and not passing fluid to raise/lower. I will say that I did the shim modification and it made a "yuge" difference in FEL performance.

Like you, I've replaced a lot of hydraulic things over the years...pretty much every hose, the power steering valve, one cylinder on the BH (bucket curl) and will likely be replacing the FEL bucket curl cylinder as well as the front steering joints which are very worn. 22 years old and still running in a great way.