2005 B21 TLB price

/ 2005 B21 TLB price #1  

tallfreak

Bronze Member
Tractor
na
I've been looking for a tractor for a while now and a while ago an 05 B21 popped up for sale. I haven't looked at it in person yet as it is about 2 hours away, but from the pictures it appears to be in good shape. It has 726 hours on it and it has new tires and he says it comes with 2 buckets.

He is asking $16500 for it. I think it's a little high, but I dont know how to price used tractors. One thing that makes me think it's too high is that it's been for sale for over a week. Used tractors just dont stay listed for long around here.

I wasn't originally looking for a backhoe because new they are out of my budget, but I know I would use one if I had one.

What do y'all think? I have been lurking these forums for a while and this is my first of what I'm sure will be many posts. I think there is a lot of good information on here, especially for the tractor newbie that I am.

/ 2005 B21 TLB price #2  
I've been looking for a tractor for a while now and a while ago an 05 B21 popped up for sale. I haven't looked at it in person yet as it is about 2 hours away, but from the pictures it appears to be in good shape. It has 726 hours on it and it has new tires and he says it comes with 2 buckets.

He is asking $16500 for it. I think it's a little high, but I dont know how to price used tractors. One thing that makes me think it's too high is that it's been for sale for over a week. Used tractors just dont stay listed for long around here.

I wasn't originally looking for a backhoe because new they are out of my budget, but I know I would use one if I had one.

What do y'all think? I have been lurking these forums for a while and this is my first of what I'm sure will be many posts. I think there is a lot of good information on here, especially for the tractor newbie that I am.

There is no location listed in your profile!
Please enter at least a general location.
"around here" is not helpful!

/ 2005 B21 TLB price #4  
surprised you have not gotten more responses to this, TBN members usually like helping each other spend money. Just my option and we know everybody has one but that price is not out of the ball park just at the upper end and your right if you ever have a backhoe you'll wonder why not sooner.

/ 2005 B21 TLB price #5  
Those are really nice little tractors. Built like a tank and for a homeowner, should last a lifetime. If it's been well kept and stored inside , 16,500 is what it would bring up this way. They pop up around here occasionally with more hours and in X rental condition for 14-16k

/ 2005 B21 TLB price
That is good to know.

If I added a thumb to the backhoe, how much weight can it pick up? I know it all depends on the angle and reach, but what is a reasonable weight for it?

/ 2005 B21 TLB price #7  
I have a thumb on my B21 and it can lift a lot - with the stabilizers down a 12" x 10' long oak log no issue, and I regularly lift a 8-10" x 20' tree when cutting firewood.

I use the thumb on the BH to grab limbs and drag them for chipping. Its a sturdy tough little TLB - I have had mine for 20 years - would love a new one with SSQA and Hyd Thumb but mine works.