2005 TC29

/ 2005 TC29 #1  

4man

Tractor
Farmtrac DTC360 w/FEL
I have a chance to purchase a 2005 TC29 with fel and 6ft finish mower plus a 4' shredder for $10600. it has 900 hrs and looks new, the man selling seems to be honest and states he has taken good care of. He has also let me know rear tires have water in them(should I remove water and how??,is this a fair price ? since he will deliver and it's over 300 miles away.I haven't seen it but the photos he has sent are very good.
Please somebody respond as I want to make a decision before this deal gets away..

/ 2005 TC29 #2  
Does he want a check before or after delivery? There's no way I would write a check for a tractor I had not operated unless it was new from a dealer. The deal sounds very good, but if you pay him and the tractor arrives (or maybe doesn't) with faults not seen in photos, you may wish you had handled the payment differently. Also, I'd leave the water in the wheels. You'll need it for ballast and you should not even have to worry about anti-freeze in Magnolia.

/ 2005 TC29
Thanks Jim, the deal is he will deliver the TC29 to my home and because I'm waiting for a deal on some property to go thru , he has agreed to hold a check for two-three months if needed. This man I've spoke to on the phone for several weeks and he has even suggested that maybe I wouldn't need that much tractor to do the work I want to do,but I've been advised by many people that even if I don't see the need a FEL will prove it's worth over and again and everything I've read on line suggest a 4wd if you have a FEL. The cost of a 25-35hp used Kubota/JD/or New Holland seems about the same ,for a 2wd about $6-8 K, a 4wd w/fel about $9-12K variances would include or not a shredder-box blade. This is the latest model I've found and it's a 2005, all others in this price range have been older but some with much less hours. Very confusing for somebody just trying to get into the ownership of a new tool/toy. He did suggest that maybe I'd be better off starting with one of the hydrastats transmissions to learn before I went to the stop and shift type. Seems to me he's trying to make sure I don't get in over my head even if it costs him a sell. Shucks if I could afford to I'd buy his tractor and use it for a while then sell it after I better knew just what I really need. So now I'm looking at some of the B and L series Kubotas 2wd with Shredder and box blade , the price for this type deal fitd my budget much better and after this winter maybe start looking for something a little bigger with a FEL.
Thanks for your response and advice.

/ 2005 TC29 #4  
I don't think you'll find a better deal on a "L" or "B" series Kubota. This tractor with loader and both finish and rough cutters is a great bargain if it is as presented. If it's too big with the loader, they come off easily for tasks in tight places. The TC29 has plenty of power and yet is maneuverable. It will feel huge when you first start operating, but it will soon feel normal and comfortable. I know the gear transmission may seem more trouble, but if you'll learn to use the shuttle and not slip the clutch too much. You'll have a solid tractor that will last a long time. I will say that HSTs are easier to operate, but you won't likely find that kind of deal on one of them.