Price Check 2010 5055e price check.

/ 2010 5055e price check. #1  

Farman123

Tractor
Jd 5055e
Hello new guy here, I am looking to buy a 2010 5055e with 553 fel for 18k soon and was looking for opinions on the tractor in general. It has about 600 hours on it and is in good shape with good tread, will be fully serviced and have a new seat and power steering line when I pick it up. Is that an ok price on this tractor, and what are the major issues. And also what should I look for when I go look at it. Thanks for any suggestions or opinions.

/ 2010 5055e price check. #2  
I have a 2009 5055e with a 553 FEL. The only significant problem I've had seems to be with the cold start sensor and there's a thread on here about that and is an easy fix. see post #3, In more recent models there are complaints about the brakes not working adequately, but I've never had a problem. I have had the FEL controls not return to zero when I let go so the loader keeps raising - I think that is a cable linkage lubrication issue since I've not had the problem anymore.

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/john-deere-owning-operating/343945-5075e-blowing-start-fuse-when.html?highlight=cold+start+5055

/ 2010 5055e price check. #3  
I have a 2011 model. The biggest issue I had with mine was a bad head gasket, which was bad from day one. Like 3t's my FEL control would stick in the raise position. In my case the control valve was defective. All repaired under warranty. It also came with a bad starter. These issues appeared early on and should have been addressed before I took delivery. I'm happy with the machine, not so happy with the dealer.

18K in my opinion is a good deal.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

/ 2010 5055e price check.
Awesome, thanks for the reply's guys. I was just told the seat is finally in and replaced and now they are waiting for the power steering line to come in, one thing I did notice before they took it in was the brake pedal went in pretty far before it built up pressure, the second pump was fine and firm. It did it both times I tried it on two different days. After your replys and, searching on here maybe I should have them check that to. And we had a 5410 at my work that had a bad cold start switch, so I am familiar with that issue.

/ 2010 5055e price check. #5  
I never experienced any brake issues with my tractor. After reading your post, I searched for more information. It looks like some 5e's work correctly and some don't, with no explanation as to why. I figured that the problem was with newer (than mine) machines, but some older units seem to have the same problem.
JD should have figured this brake problem out by now and know what the fix is. I personally wouldn't accept delivery of a machine with faulty brakes.
If you learn that they now have a fix, please post!

Thanks, Bill