2010 Case IH Farmall 95 purchase questions

/ 2010 Case IH Farmall 95 purchase questions #1  

garyfisher123

Bronze Member
Tractor
2008 Kubota 7040
Looking for thoughts/opinions on a 2010 Case IH Farmall 95 that one of our local dealers has. 588 hours, two wheel drive and in what appears to be very good condition.

This will be strictly a hay tractor for our farm so it will be pulling a Vermeer MC2800 discbine and a Vermeer 504R Signature round baler.

/ 2010 Case IH Farmall 95 purchase questions #2  
2wd would be rare, cab or ROPS?

To be clear this is a 95 and not a 95U right? (different tractor)

I've read good an bad on the 95...post at Redpower if you haven't already, think some got a great tractor, and some got ones that need work. I understood the "issues" were worked out on the later ones that had the suspended pedals (not the "from the floor" ones.)

/ 2010 Case IH Farmall 95 purchase questions #3  
Google where it's made. Seems like Case has a lot of their tractors built by other companies, all over the world. You really don't know what you are getting unless you search that exact model and year.

/ 2010 Case IH Farmall 95 purchase questions
2wd would be rare, cab or ROPS?

To be clear this is a 95 and not a 95U right? (different tractor)

I've read good an bad on the 95...post at Redpower if you haven't already, think some got a great tractor, and some got ones that need work. I understood the "issues" were worked out on the later ones that had the suspended pedals (not the "from the floor" ones.)

It's a cab tractor. In my research, I honestly can not figure out the difference b/t the standard 95 and the 95u. This tractor is labeled as a Farmall 95 (no indication of a U anywhere that I can find). This tractor has the suspended pedals, and is in almost new condition (other then a touch of paint fade on the hood).

Are the "U" models marked as U on the side of the hood?

We don't really need 4wd on this tractor as we have a Kubota 7040 cab tractor and a Massey ROPS (can't think of model number at this time...) that are both 4x4.

This tractors only use really will be to pull the mower and baler during hay season.

Thanks for your help!

Google where it's made. Seems like Case has a lot of their tractors built by other companies, all over the world. You really don't know what you are getting unless you search that exact model and year.

Thanks! I've tried doing that and it's a bit confusing due to all the different model 95's that were made around that time.

Forgot to mention.....tractor appears to have been very well taken care of. Extremely clean, fires right up in the cold. Seems to drive well around the dealer's lot. And I like the fact is fairly low on hours (588).

Dealer is going to test all systems for us (hydraulic press, a/c system, etc).

/ 2010 Case IH Farmall 95 purchase questions #7  
I'm pretty sure the Farmall 95's are pretty much the same tractor as the JX95 and from my experience, the JX95 is a pretty good tractor.

SR

I'm pretty sure the Farmall 95's are pretty much the same tractor as the JX95 and from my experience, the JX95 is a pretty good tractor.

SR

Good to hear! Just committed to the purchase. Going to swing by later this week to pay for it. Looking forward to having it's additional power when running our Vermeer mower/conditioner.

/ 2010 Case IH Farmall 95 purchase questions #9  
It's a cab tractor. In my research, I honestly can not figure out the difference b/t the standard 95 and the 95u. This tractor is labeled as a Farmall 95 (no indication of a U anywhere that I can find). This tractor has the suspended pedals, and is in almost new condition (other then a touch of paint fade on the hood).

Are the "U" models marked as U on the side of the hood?

We don't really need 4wd on this tractor as we have a Kubota 7040 cab tractor and a Massey ROPS (can't think of model number at this time...) that are both 4x4.

This tractors only use really will be to pull the mower and baler during hay season.

Thanks for your help!

Yes, the U would be on the hood, they are a totally different tractor, The "95" is an older Fiat based model built in Turkey and the 95U is a slight newer Fiat based model built in Italy. The 95U could have power shuttle.

2wd is perfectly fine for haying.

Yes, the U would be on the hood, they are a totally different tractor, The "95" is an older Fiat based model built in Turkey and the 95U is a slight newer Fiat based model built in Italy. The 95U could have power shuttle.

2wd is perfectly fine for haying.

From what I could find online, I figured that this was a Turkish built tractor.