Buying Advice 2015 New Holland Work Master 40 - Whats is worth? Please!

/ 2015 New Holland Work Master 40 - Whats is worth? Please! #1  

ncbowhunter

Tractor
New Holland
Hello!

I'm new to the forum.... Thanks for having me!

I am searching for a tractor to fit my needs.... I'm a homeowner that maintains 3 acres of vacant land (bushhog)(This is in addition to my 5 acre yard that I mow with a zero turn mower.) I have 2 hunting leases (154 & 386 acres) that I maintain (bushogging, foodplots, etc). I have been paying someone to maintain most of my needs up to this point, but I want to pull the trigger on a tractor soon.

With a budget in mind, I was torn between purchasing a used MF 135, 235, or 230 in the 4k -/+ range (cash deal), or pulling the big trigger and purchasing a new tractor with loader in the (18 - 25k range). I have since come across a very nice used tractor I would like to get some feedback on....

2015 New Holland Work Master 40 (w/out a loader) in MINT Condition - 44 hrs, warranty til 06/20, hydro, 4x4, canopy, from bumper added, etc. I can purchase the tractor for $11,000 plus tax - Total $11,750. My thought process was it gives me everything I need to get the jobs done that I currently have.... I could later buy a loader for it (4k ish) down the road a couple years..... Is the tractor worth it? Should I just bite the bullet and get a new 35-40 hp tractor and have a similar payment but for a longer term vs the 2015? I was told by the salesman that this tractor doesn't have emissions like the new tractors have.

Any help is greatly appreciated.... As far as new I'm interested in LS, New Holland, Kioti, or Kubota..... BUT taken cost, reliability, and resale (in that order) into consideration....

/ 2015 New Holland Work Master 40 - Whats is worth? Please! #2  
From what I searched on tractor house that seems like a good price. I had a NH WM55 2013 that had 4wd and the shuttle shift with Ansung loader. It was a great tractor for the money and easy to work on. I traded it because we moved and I needed a backhoe and third function and didn’t want to invest in third party implements for my NH.

Is the deal for the WM via a dealer or private party? I would price out a loader, I can’t imagine not having one for land clearing activities.

If you buy new look for 0% deals if you qualify. That’s a big part of what sold me on the Kubota setup I bought in December. Granted I suppose if you are a good negotiator you could do better even without 0% but I’m not good with negotiating. :)

The WM deal seems pretty good to me initially but I’d price out a loader as you’ll likely want one sooner than later. I never had any complaints with the WM55 I owned. Also I have no complaints with the newer emissions stuff on my new Kubota, although I will say the WM was much less intimidating under the hood :)

Matt

/ 2015 New Holland Work Master 40 - Whats is worth? Please!
I've been told 4k -/+ for a Woods loader.

/ 2015 New Holland Work Master 40 - Whats is worth? Please! #4  
That does seem like a pretty good deal to me too. I also think I'd really want a loader (and a heated cab!), but those are my needs, and may not match your own. I would go look at that tractor in person, and try to bring someone along that knows tractors. Put it through some paces, run it around, maybe engage an implement on the pto, drive it in all 3 (I assume 3?) transmission ranges, make sure there's no leaks or funny noises coming from it. Then talk some serious turkey with the seller.

Make sure you save some budget for implements/attachments.

/ 2015 New Holland Work Master 40 - Whats is worth? Please! #5  
I've been told 4k -/+ for a Woods loader.
I was quoted about $3000 for a Westendorf. That was a few years ago though, and didn't include installation.

/ 2015 New Holland Work Master 40 - Whats is worth? Please! #6  
Does this used NH already have the hydraulics to accept and operate a FEL? If not that can get expensive to add to the whole mix.

/ 2015 New Holland Work Master 40 - Whats is worth? Please! #7  
Why is the tractor for sale? Good history? Bad history? Not many with that low of hours without some sort of a story.

/ 2015 New Holland Work Master 40 - Whats is worth? Please! #8  
The salesman was giving you the straight skinny on the tractor. 2015 is the last year for Tier 3 with the New Holland Workmaster 40. Their 2016 offering was Tier 4.