2017 3550 pst cab slipping out of midrange

/ 2017 3550 pst cab slipping out of midrange #1  

teddybaham

Tractor
Easton450
So I purchased a 2017 3550 pst cab with 695 hrs from a dealer in IL. i wont name the Dealer until this issue is resolved and the outcome clear out of fairness and if its a good outcome Kudos the dealer and ill publicly recommend him hopefully some one will see him as a trust worthy dealer and trust him with their business, or the opposite. way to early to tell, but he seems willing to work with me at the moment
I spoke the the dealer on the phone before purchase because im 10 hrs away in LA, i could see the obvious issues in photos and he disclosed others that weren't obvious and repairs they had made to the machine, and how he acquired it so I felt secure a dealer of this size wasn't a street corner salesman and had a reputation to uphold so i agreed to purchase it. it has 695 hrs, needed a few minor cosmetic repairs and a windshield. i sent the dealer a check and drove up to get the tractor the following week. the dealer dropped it at a neighboring dealer 2 hrs closer to me where he picked up a combine and saved me 4 hrs from my round trip. upon pick up when i started the machine i noticed a rattle under my feet. as i idled up the sound went away. could be a loose bolt, bolts, line rattle ? quick visual exposed nothing obvious so no issue. AC blowed cold, shifter extremely loose but funtioned i quickly moved the loader up and down, put the tranny through its paces each range and gear and the machine moved forward a few feet under each gear and reverse,. put in H 1 i sped around the parking lot with my 8 year old son on board then i put the tractor in L 2 and drove it onto my trailer. had a 10 hr trip and was already a few hrs behind. tightened all down and headed home. im an RN and work nights and had to work the next few days. i unloaded it a few days later to bring to the car wash and give her a good bath. after i got it off the trailer i put in mid range to drive around the parking lot and drove a few feet and it popped out of gear. i tried several times to get it to stay in gear but you drive between 20 to 50 feet it just stops moving. H and L seem fine. this was a saturday, i emailed the dealer with what i found and asked to to reach out when he gets in on monday. he did and he assured me his mechanic looked it over and it was fine, and ill give the benefit of the doubt since it will move 20 to 50 feet in mid range before popping out of gear. i told him it was still under warranty and i was gonna have Mahindra look at it and id be in touch. he requested I keep him updated which i will. i scouring the internet the next few days and ordered more parts to complete the other minor repairs. i came to the conclusion it was a bent fork. or ball and detent, or linkage issue and would likely be a mostly simple repair. fast forward a week i had ordered filters that arrived and bought fluid to service the tractor and getting it cleaned up before a trip to the dealer. i hate working on dirty stuff so i figured my efforts to have a clean machine would aid in inspection and motivate any mechanic to be more thorough not having to work on a dirty unit. i drained the hydralic fluid and the plug had small bits of metal all over the magnet. not too alarmed seeing as the machines fairly new with only 700 hrs normal wear would produce this amount, i pulled and replaced the filter which appeared normal. i removed the cover for the suction screen and that was a bear to remove. i took the screen home to clean and stuffed a rag in the hole to keep anything out and let her drain over night. suction screen had quite a bit more metal and shavings attached, again not overly alarmed, I watched TTW tim video on a 1st service with his 1025r that had a similar amount of metal debris. the next AM i had cleaned the screen and cover, replaced the o ring in the cover, and was ready to re install. when i pulled the rag out, i got half a cir clip and other large pieces of metal plates. worst fear confirmed. i re installed everything to load on the trailer this week. i emailed the dealer the photos and expect him to respond in the AM. ill get her to the dealer this week and hopefully Mahindra will honor their powertrain warranty. ill keep ya posted. keeping fingers crossed.

Attachments

• IMG_3107.jpeg
    IMG_3107.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3109.jpeg
    IMG_3109.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_3110.jpeg
    IMG_3110.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3111.jpeg
    IMG_3111.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 61
   / 2017 3550 pst cab slipping out of midrange
going back together

/ 2017 3550 pst cab slipping out of midrange
dealer found a nut had backed off and allowed the Mid range gear to slip out, also the clutch was damaged on the pto
all was repaired under warranty. James Singleton Mahindra dealer in Franklinton LA is top notch, great facility and employees. even the john Deere dealer had good things to say about him. buy with confidence.

/ 2017 3550 pst cab slipping out of midrange #4  
Glad you got it resolved !! Nice to hear of a dealer that actually puts the customer first (or at least near the top of the things to do list).

You might want to ask the dealer if he knows if the 500 hour service was performed. I kind of doubt it seeing you got metal shavings on your drain plug. Might want to consider doing that soon.