2017 kubota bx25d - tachometer inoperable

/ 2017 kubota bx25d - tachometer inoperable
Does it intermittently blow the fuse or immediately blow the fuse when it is replaced? I've attached the wiring schematic. Which fuse is blowing? Seems like the tail light wiring is a common problem because they tend to hang down are easily damaged.

Attachments

• BX25 Electrical.pdf
    384.7 KB · Views: 40
   / 2017 kubota bx25d - tachometer inoperable #12  
Immediately blows. And the back lights mounted inside the fenders where melted - like the bulbs had overheated. I have taken them out. The mechanic at the dealership said he tried a 30 amp fuse that immediately blew, which was stupid and could have permanently damaged the gauges. I'm picking it up later this week, and will trace the wiring. Thank you for the schematic, that will help!

I agree, a technician should have known better. No problem. Let us know what you find.

/ 2017 kubota bx25d - tachometer inoperable #14  
Picked it up. They found some things jammed under the seat that damaged one of the safety switches. Never saw these parts before, guess the previous owner had left them there. No tach still, but the fuse isn't blowing. Going to go look at the wiring a bit more and test the alternator.

At least you can use it. Let me know if you find the source of the inoperable tach. Good luck

/ 2017 kubota bx25d - tachometer inoperable #16  
Fixed! The shop charged me for two hours and a replacement safety switch, could not find the short issue. I got under the tractor back at the barn and found the problem immediately - not in the same place as you, but the two yellow and red and one black wire, completely shredded. I spliced new wires in, fired up and everything is working fine again. Battery being charged, tach and all gauges/lights.

Thanks for leading me in the right direction! Can't believe the "mechanic" could not find the issue - it was so obvious.

I'll sleep better, and am $400 "richer!"

Great job! There in not much protection for those wires the way they are routed. Glad it worked out. I'm suprised there wasn't more cases with resolution posted given how many complaints there seems to be online.

/ 2017 kubota bx25d - tachometer inoperable #18  
They tried to sell me a new alternator. I said "Sure, order it, but I'll probably call and cancel it..."

/ 2017 kubota bx25d - tachometer inoperable #19  
Small but mighty! This tank was never tied in nor properly installed. It floated this summer a bit. Dug around it a bit, lifted and pulled. Love this "toy" tractor. 1250 gallon tank, with some dirt/water in it.
370214057_885455853227352_6347680638783772155_n.jpg

Capable of alot of work for the size! Nice