2022 honda elite Pilot verses 2022 Toyota Highlander platinum

/ 2022 honda elite Pilot verses 2022 Toyota Highlander platinum #31  

/ 2022 honda elite Pilot verses 2022 Toyota Highlander platinum
Article is a little old 2013.All brands have there share of lemons..Some better some worse.:unsure:

/ 2022 honda elite Pilot verses 2022 Toyota Highlander platinum #33  
Article is a little old 2013.All brands have there share of lemons..Some better some worse.:unsure:
Rather my point, especially with oil burn. Ken was implying that this was some sort of Toyota problem, but it exists with many engines across the industry.

www.gmcproblems.com/vortec-oil-consumption

/ 2022 honda elite Pilot verses 2022 Toyota Highlander platinum #34  
My wife loves her 2017 Highlander Limited. 60,000 miles, no troubles, original tires and brakes. Very comfortable...and that was after previously driving a Lexus RS. Didn't consider the Honda, but chose it over the Subaru Outback and Mazda SUV.

Good luck on your search.

/ 2022 honda elite Pilot verses 2022 Toyota Highlander platinum #35  
The thing with comparisons like this is that most people go with the anecdotal evidence rather than statistics. Here are some made up numbers to illustrate. The real data says the Highlander is more reliable by a wide margin. So, lets say 10% of the Highlanders break down and 40% of the Pilots break down. That still means that 60% of the Pilot drivers will report no significant problems. It also means that you have less than a 50% chance of yours breaking down. Once you choose it, unless yours is one that breaks down, you see the things you like and confirmation bias sets in. I sincerely hope all goes well with her purchase. My personal bias is toward the measurable data. I care very little about the appearance, or even the 'feel'.
Thing is where does this "reliability" data come from? Usually some sort of owner survey, and that depends on equal samples of owners participating, as well as being upfront about problems. Some owners nitpick every little thing, others ignore anything other than a major breakdown.

As far as appearance or "feel", I don't want something I consider ugly, nor do I want something that's just not comfortable/pleasant to drive...things like controls in awkward places, being unable to get a comfortable driving position, annoying features etc. and if a vehicle is irritating to drive I don't care how highly rated it is. There really isn't that big of a difference between makes anyway, so those intangibles matter.

/ 2022 honda elite Pilot verses 2022 Toyota Highlander platinum #36  
Probably a serious case of confirmation bias. I just ran a quick search and found similar complaints on most major nameplates, Honda, vw, audi, Ford, GM...etc.
Not really bias. He was asking about toyota and honda. I posted about toyota because I was also considering a toyota Rav4, and found this info.
I never looked at honda, but found that oil consumption appears to be an issue with other brands as well.
I have no idea of which year they begin to use these low tension oil rings vs the high tension oil rings.

I read there are several brands that have a class action suit due to this issue.
I believe one brand is Hyundai

/ 2022 honda elite Pilot verses 2022 Toyota Highlander platinum #37  
I definitely don't put much stock in a Consumer Reports article. With that said they are both fine automobile's and she couldn't go wrong with either one. Drive them both and decide