2210 Leak Repair

/ 2210 Leak Repair #11  
Solution Number: 59293

Solution Summary: Oil Leak from Center Link Support Plate

Publication Date: May 9 2003

**Paper copies of solutions may not be the most current solutions**

Complaint or Symptom: Oil leaking from Center Link Support Plate. This plate is where the Center Link attaches to the Rockshaft.
Problem or Situation: There could be a few issues that could be causing the leak.

1. Fastener torque (hardware could be loose)
2. Seal (may be cut or deformed)
3. Plate (plate could be warped or bent)

Solution:

Check fasteners to ensure that they are torqued correctly. If fasteners are torqued to spec, remove the plate and inspect seal. If seal is cut, remove seal and install new liquid gasket.

If there is not an issue with the torque or the seal, order a new cover plate and install on the machine.
Parts:
LVA801316

/ 2210 Leak Repair #12  
deere x475guy,

3rd time in ten months! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Wow! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Does the leak get fixed for a time and then come back?

/ 2210 Leak Repair #13  
JD Fanatic, It seems to start seeping as soon as I start using the 3 point again. I will have them order a new plate.

/ 2210 Leak Repair
Completed the fix last weekend. There is nothing to it. The new plate has a larger cross brace than the old one. Sealed it up with some deere plastic gasket the tech gave me. Took the boxblade out for some pothole fixing and came back dry! Viva la 2210.

/ 2210 Leak Repair #15  
Good work, Jdeerestl. Hope you are done with that problem forever.

I'm just curious...since you are one of the few to have seen this problem from the inside, did it appear that there had been some repeated contact on the inside surface of the plate from an internal moving part? That was the way the problem was explained to me: an internal part may come into contact with the plate at the full lift position on the 3PH. The repeated contact eventually warps the plate and/or breaks the seal. Thus, the fix was a more rigid plate with heavier reinforcement. Any evidence of the internal problem in your case?

/ 2210 Leak Repair
There was very clear indication of the piston arm that moves the 3pt. arms contacting the back of the plate, which I too believe caused the plate to flex and seal to give. Tech guy said the gasket sealer has been updated as well. Hopefully, the end of the problem.

/ 2210 Leak Repair #17  
Is there any way to prevent this contact by limit adjustment etc, to keep this from happening again?

/ 2210 Leak Repair #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My dealer is insisting that there is not a new improved plate out. If you have a part number could you please post it so I can get with my dealer again. This will be the third time with the problem with less than 10 months. And BTW I always have an implement on the 3 point. )</font>

My bad here. My 2210 is in the shop now and apparently they did put the new plate on last time they were out to my place to repair it. In the past they have always sent a truck out to do the repairs. This time they decided they needed to look into it more and picked it up on Monday. Terry the service manager called me this morning and explained the cause to me. As someone mentioned in this thread there is a shaft that is coming to far back and is hitting the plate. There are definate witness marks on the inside of the plate that shows this to be the case. Terry contacted deere tech support and apparently has spent a few hours with the them looking at the blueprints. They are going to retime the rockshaft so it does not come back as far. If this doesn't work deere has authorized a replacement assembly.

I will keep everyone up to date on how things are coming along. I should have my 2210 back tomorrow and will be bushhogging and digging aroud 40 holes with the PHD. If it's going to leak I will probably see signs of it soon.

I am one of the lucky ones. The sales and service has always been great with these guys. One of the many reasons I didn't go with Kubota.

/ 2210 Leak Repair #19  
Dam! After almost 7 years it appears I now have this problem on my 2210. Anyone know what the torq spec is on the bolts? ??