/ 2230 #1  

hillmower

I am considering a 2230. I do however have to cut about 5 acres of pasture which isn't very level. Will the 2230 beat me to death on such terrain. If so, will all sub-comp. perform this way.

/ 2230
I am considering a 2230. I do however have to cut about 5 acres of pasture which isn't very level. Will the 2230 beat me to death on such terrain. If so, will all sub-comp. perform this way.

/ 2230 #3  
No shock absorbers on the tractors, unfortunately. I have a few lumpy acres that I cut with a BX, and I have to go slow enough to ease over the bumps. The little tractor will cut as fast as my back will allow it to. Maybe the bigger tractors absorb bumps better because of bigger tires. I kinda know where the bad sections are and slow down before I get there(most of the time anyway)

/ 2230 #4  
No shock absorbers on the tractors, unfortunately. I have a few lumpy acres that I cut with a BX, and I have to go slow enough to ease over the bumps. The little tractor will cut as fast as my back will allow it to. Maybe the bigger tractors absorb bumps better because of bigger tires. I kinda know where the bad sections are and slow down before I get there(most of the time anyway)

/ 2230 #5  
I have a BX2200 and I brush hog around 5 acres that is real rough with very little issues. I have the 48" kingkutter. The only issue is on the rough terrain is the hog may bite in to the ground and bog the tractor down to almost a halt. Other than that it will do the job. I hope this helps.

/ 2230 #6  
I have a BX2200 and I brush hog around 5 acres that is real rough with very little issues. I have the 48" kingkutter. The only issue is on the rough terrain is the hog may bite in to the ground and bog the tractor down to almost a halt. Other than that it will do the job. I hope this helps.

/ 2230 #7  
Any tractor with smaller wheels is going to bounce the operator around more than a bigger one. I trade off between a BX2230 and a much bigger tractor for mowing about 6 acres of pasture. The big tractor gets it done qucker and rides better due to the larger wheels, but the BX works just fine also. Just keep it at a reasonable groundspeed.

/ 2230 #8  
Any tractor with smaller wheels is going to bounce the operator around more than a bigger one. I trade off between a BX2230 and a much bigger tractor for mowing about 6 acres of pasture. The big tractor gets it done qucker and rides better due to the larger wheels, but the BX works just fine also. Just keep it at a reasonable groundspeed.

/ 2230 #9  
Your timing is good--I just finished mowing 2 of about 3.5 acres of grass on rolling hills with my 2230 for the first time. It wasn't too bad. I went sort of slow since this is the first day in two weeks the lawn has been dry enough (but not completely dry) to cut. This tractor is larger than my JD L130 (which I used last year and traded in to get the 2230), but I would say the JD was maybe more bouncy but less jolting. One thing I like better about this tractor is that it seems to handle much better, so turning into the hills going up and down seems to ease the back factor. I have a herneated disk in my lower back and while I'll be a little sore, nothing too bad.

/ 2230 #10  
Your timing is good--I just finished mowing 2 of about 3.5 acres of grass on rolling hills with my 2230 for the first time. It wasn't too bad. I went sort of slow since this is the first day in two weeks the lawn has been dry enough (but not completely dry) to cut. This tractor is larger than my JD L130 (which I used last year and traded in to get the 2230), but I would say the JD was maybe more bouncy but less jolting. One thing I like better about this tractor is that it seems to handle much better, so turning into the hills going up and down seems to ease the back factor. I have a herneated disk in my lower back and while I'll be a little sore, nothing too bad.