2240 late model John Deere brake valve rebuild

/ 2240 late model John Deere brake valve rebuild #1  

60lp

Bronze Member
Tractor
1020 john Deere,300B Deere backhoe,773G turbo Bobcat,LT30 Woodmizer sawmill with 2-cylinder air cooled diesel Engine
My pedals are hard and sticking just wanting to know how hard of task of rebuilding the brake pedal valve and what Parts i need

/ 2240 late model John Deere brake valve rebuild #2  
Are talking about the brake valve right at pedal? If you are they are easy to take apart and inspect. Has valve seat, spring, connector, ball and spring retainer I believe. And check valves. Just lay it out as it comes apart. Check over everything for wear make sure springs have good tension.

/ 2240 late model John Deere brake valve rebuild #3  
What's the last 6 of the tractor serial number?

/ 2240 late model John Deere brake valve rebuild #4  
when bled correcly pedals must be hart(depending on what brakes was intalled at the finaldrive) but moves seperatly. Athor brakes will feel spungy. Can be they are rusted frozen and in that case must be removed and loosend. Remember the adjusterscrews ....remove all slack from one pedal plus 1/3 turn...do the same with the second pedal . Do not try to adjust pedals the same hight ! Remove brakevalve and take E-clips off the pedalpivotpin. Then remove pin and clean . reinstall and adjust !