231s hydraulic problems

/ 231s hydraulic problems
I will try to do that in the next day or two .We expecting some rain but I will try to work around it .

Earlier in the day on Thursday I hooked up the 3-point sprayer. I fiddled and fiddled with the position control and did find one spot I could get it to stay . I had to move the lever up to get it raise position .Then back down with the leaver to find the sweet spot that I could get it to stay put . I let it sit there and idle for ten minutes or so . Everything stayed put then I shut the tractor off . The load bleed down to the ground . I then started the tractor, expecting the load to go back to it previous position ! Nope ! I had to again pull the lever back till it raised to the location I wanted it then back down to find a place that it would maybe hold .

The the other thing ....I tried to lift the load with the draft control . Nothing ! it would not budge . I just had the sprayer and 30 gallons of water . I'm guessing 500 pounds max !

Thanks
Don

/ 231s hydraulic problems #12  
This sounds more and more like draft control is being invoked when not wanted and causing the lift to be non-responsive in position control mode. I do not know how to fix it (nor a test to run that would prove it.) On second thought, wait ! I do know a test: Rig any kind of attachment point for your top link to the frame/axle/chassis that you can and NOT to the normal top link attach point (which is where the draft sensing happens.) A short length of heavy chain and a few bolts will probably work just for the test. See if the lift will behave properly in that mode while lifting a good heavy load such as a bush hog or some heavy implement. If so, you have an overly sensitive draft control mechanism with a disease to be cured. Some MF tractors have "ears" on the rear axle housing with holes normally used for stabilizer links for various oddball attachments. These make good places to anchor the top link via a piece of chain for the test if you have those ears.

/ 231s hydraulic problems #13  
Don.
Have you tried moving the Response lever to the FAST position??
Hutch.