2320 MMM lift kit - have a look please

/ 2320 MMM lift kit - have a look please #1  

purpony

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2440/JD 3020/JD 314/JD 345/JD 850/JD 2320
So.. after waiting for over a month my dealer tells me my item came in but they cant find it...
So they over nighted another one and dropped it off. Dealer said i needed two different things to mount my MMM on my 2320....
this is what they ordered me.....

IMG_5629.jpg

IMG_5630.jpg

Dont I only need the parts in the top picture??

Isnt the bottom picture the front mount for a snowplow/snowthrower, etc.... I should need this for a MMM should I???

/ 2320 MMM lift kit - have a look please #2  
The second picture is the adapter for the front hitch, and no, it shouldn't be required for the MMM.

However, there is also a hydraulic lift cylinder for the deck listed in the parts book. Maybe they got them confused :)

/ 2320 MMM lift kit - have a look please #3  
The first is the mounting attachments. The second is an optional quick change bracket that allows you to quickly change from mower mount to quick hitch. But you need the front mower hooks in order to use this as the hooks in the first picture won't work with this bracket. Depending on your lift I would think you need more parts.

/ 2320 MMM lift kit - have a look please #4  
All your hydraulic parts are missing. I hope your dealer is going to do the install for you. If not count on 6-7 hours turning wrenches. You will also need the hight adjusting lock to set your MMM hight because the cylender leaks down while cutting . Good luck with your toy.

/ 2320 MMM lift kit - have a look please #5  
The top photo shows all the parts for what's called the mechanical mower lift kit. It's needed to lift the mower. If you buy the independent lift kit, you still need the mechanical mower lift kit also, though you'll remove a part called the mechanical lift link (discussed below).

The two black, right-most metal pieces (called the left and right frame brackets) shown in the top photo mount to the front frame of the tractor and stick down. The silver metal item (Front Draft Arm Assembly) in the center of the top photo connects to the front of the mower and then connects to the two aforementioned frame brackets mounted to the front frame.

The two black bars on the left of the top photo are the mower rear-draft lift arms, and when installed and lowered, the operator slowly drives the tractor over the mower and down the front until the lift arms engage the back of the mower. Once the kit is installed, you drive over the mower to engage the lift arms, shut off the tractor, get off and install the Front Draft Arm Assembly mentioned above and the mower is now connected and ready to lift. Just one more thing to do: reach under the tractor and connect the mower drive shaft to the mid PTO.

As for a hydraulic lift cylinder, you only get that if you also buy the independent lift kit. If you don't, the tractor comes from the factory with a mechanical lift link installed that connects the 3pth rockshaft to the mower mid rockshaft. If you install the independent lift cylinder, you remove the mechanical lift link to separate the function of the rear and mid rockshafts.

I hope this helps.

/ 2320 MMM lift kit - have a look please
Thanks for the input guys. Put the kit on this weekend. Only needed the parts in the fits pick. Taking the other bracket back to the dealer and pay for the above kit.

Also got the deck all together and working. I installed a 2520 D62-2 deck on my 2320.