24" Snow BLower 2 stage recomendation

/ 24" Snow BLower 2 stage recomendation #1  

Red Horse

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 655ZTrak, Deere 4720 Cab, 400 X LT 155
Any opinions. Looking at Husqvarna ST 224, Ariens and Toro

/ 24" Snow BLower 2 stage recomendation #2  
I have the husky st224, it's a great snowblower, starts on the first pull, throws the snow pretty far. My neighbor has a Toro seems just as good.

/ 24" Snow BLower 2 stage recomendation #3  
Any opinions. Looking at Husqvarna ST 224, Ariens and Toro
You should become a member of the snow blower forum to ask questions and look at people's
experiences with walk behind snow blowers. You can join their forum for free too.

www.snowblowerforum.com

/ 24" Snow BLower 2 stage recomendation #4  
I don't think you could go wrong with any of those blowers.
I have two Ariens machines, and they both work great - one or two pulls every time. The 2 stage Ariens is a 30" Deluxe with heated grips and add on LED lighting. The single stage is an older 22" 722ec. The 2 stage blower is a little harder to handle, but it's a beast in deeper snow. The small single stage will run circles around the bigger blower in snows up to 8" or so.

/ 24" Snow BLower 2 stage recomendation
Thx for responses guys. I ended up going to Lowes snd getting a Ariens Classic 24 920025. Very basic- I do about 50' of side wallk-everything else gets done with 4720.

I have to say seems like .."cheesy" is word that comes to mind- I always thought Ariens was a top shelf product but never owned one. I will say this-it started on first pull.

Stay tuned. I own 8 various implements with Honda power but I don't think the 1000 bucks I paid for this "big box store" would be double that for one with Honda power

/ 24" Snow BLower 2 stage recomendation #6  
Unfortunately that's the case with newer equipment. I also got mine at lowes, it was damaged in shipment, I was working there at the time, the customer who ordered it, just had another ordered, I got a great deal on it, the damage was a pallet fell on top and broke the gas cap off. Paid $499 for it and $6 for a new cap at Amazon. Think it was normally $799. So it basically chose me.

/ 24" Snow BLower 2 stage recomendation #7  
I do about 50' of side wallk-everything else gets done with 4720.
Based upon the responses in another thread, it's clearly not something favored on this forum, but for 50 feet of sidewalk I would have recommended an EGO battery operated snow blower. I recently purchased the EGO 24 inch self-propelled two stage snow blower to supplement my JD3320 w/ a PTO snow blower, and I'm loving it. Their smaller snow blower wasn't an option for me since the paddles don't work on gravel. It ALWAYS starts - no pull - no fuel stabilizer - no pre-season worries wether it'll start - no dumping last year's two-cycle fuel into my truck.

Enjoy your new snow blower, and don't forget the fuel stabilizer!!

/ 24" Snow BLower 2 stage recomendation #8  
Based upon the responses in another thread, it's clearly not something favored on this forum, but for 50 feet of sidewalk I would have recommended an EGO battery operated snow blower. I recently purchased the EGO 24 inch self-propelled two stage snow blower to supplement my JD3320 w/ a PTO snow blower, and I'm loving it. Their smaller snow blower wasn't an option for me since the paddles don't work on gravel. It ALWAYS starts - no pull - no fuel stabilizer - no pre-season worries wether it'll start - no dumping last year's two-cycle fuel into my truck.

Enjoy your new snow blower, and don't forget the fuel stabilizer!!
Great machines, but damn hard to find right now!
I have an older EGO snow blower, not self-propelled. I definitely want one of the new self-propelled machines, when they're more available

/ 24" Snow BLower 2 stage recomendation #9  
I have had great luck with my ariens.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    896.9 KB · Views: 190