2518 PTO clutch problem

/ 2518 PTO clutch problem #1  

ellundo

Tractor
Cub Cadet 2518
My PTO clutch doesn't disengage and I can see sparks jumping from the clutch to the stop stud. I assume this means the clutch windings are shorted and I need a new one. Any help on this would be appreciated

Ellundo

/ 2518 PTO clutch problem #2  
Likely the bearing failed, overheated the clutch and melted the windings. To replace you'll need a impact wrench to get the bolt out or the crankshaft will just turn as you're trying to loosen it. Depending on how long the clutch has been on it may be frozen to the the crankshaft with rust and may need some penitrating oil and time to get it off. When you install the new one make sure you use some anti-sieze on the shaft and if you ever have to do it again it will slide right off. The PTO part number for the 2518 is 717-3403 and the best prices I've found for PTO clutches is here Cub Cadet Electric PTO Clutch

/ 2518 PTO clutch problem
Thanks for the info and the link. Your site is $50 cheaper than the next lowest price I found on my own.

/ 2518 PTO clutch problem #4  
Hi Ellundo - Realize this is a 4 year old post--hoping you're still a TBN member. Did you have any luck with this? I'm having the same issue with my 2518. Did replacing the clutch with part # above work for you? Thanks so much!