2520 - my new dream tool

/ 2520 - my new dream tool #1  

wickman

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD2210
I saw a new 2520 yesterday at the dealer and now I must have one. Unfortunately the wife doesn't see the need yet. She says my current tractor, a 2210, does a fine job. I think she is confused. The 2520 is very slick. I saw one next to a used 4110 and the 2520 is just a tad bigger with all the new bells and whistles. I'd like to to get a look at the 2320 also since according to the specs it's almost the same size as the 2520.

One question though based on the specs the 2320's hydraulic output is quite a bit less than the 2520. Is this going to affect the abilities of the 2320 based on its size similarities to the 2520?

Thanks,
Eric

/ 2520 - my new dream tool #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( One question though based on the specs the 2320's hydraulic output is quite a bit less than the 2520. Is this going to affect the abilities of the 2320 based on its size similarities to the 2520? )</font>

Mostly the lower flow will make the hydraulics slower. It will not affect the power so much as the speed. Speed is usually only a problem in these tractors if you're doing repetitive things with the hydraulics like splitting logs, or picking up from one pile and putting it on another with the FEL, that sort of thing. Still, the low hydro flow is the thing I noticed about the 2320 too.

Cliff

/ 2520 - my new dream tool #3  
Dealer told me that there would be a noticeable difference in the speed of operation, but not as much significance in its capability. I like the fact that the 2520 engine develops its power at a lower rpm, with less engine compression. Would think that it will increase longevity.