2520 tractor hydraulic leak

/ 2520 tractor hydraulic leak #21  
"Oh, we've never heard of a problem like that before"

I wish I had money for every time I've heard that before ;)
You'd probably have enough to share with me!;)

/ 2520 tractor hydraulic leak #22  
That was the same exact line that blew out on mine with 25-30 hours on it, but mine blew out under the seat. Looks like they might have a problem with this line..... The mechanic showed me where it went and it bolted in the same exact place yours does! The dealer came and picked mine up and repaired it and brought it back.....

Yup!! My leak was also under the seat. It appears that the tubing is made from flat sheet steel that is rolled and electronically welded. I noticed from the pic posted here that the leak was in the bend, (not the welded fitting) as was mine. When I ordered the part through my dealer ,he said JD had three in stock. Two weeks later I called him back and he said it was back ordered because they sold out before my order was filled. This tells me that JD is having to replace lots of these pipes in the 2520s and 2720s Good luck with your tractor , and I hope it won't happen again. Lets hope they are using a different lot number.

/ 2520 tractor hydraulic leak #23  
Just had exactly the same problem with my 2520. The LVA802447 hydraulic line split near the end under the seat and was spraying oil out like a fountain when under load. Tried to replace it myself but found it was impossible to get the line out without major disassembly. Finally got the dealer to come and get it. Machine is 5 years old so is out of warranty but only has 250 hours on it. Dealer did not want to hear anything about a possible manufacturing defect. They said they check for transmission vibration anytime a hydraulic line bursts. I'm sure labor cost will be high. LVA802447 alone is about $325 not to mention pick-up and delivery so this won't be a cheap repair. Hoping to get it back in a week or so. I'll post the final outcome.

/ 2520 tractor hydraulic leak #24  
Just had exactly the same problem with my 2520. The LVA802447 hydraulic line split near the end under the seat and was spraying oil out like a fountain when under load. Tried to replace it myself but found it was impossible to get the line out without major disassembly. Finally got the dealer to come and get it. Machine is 5 years old so is out of warranty but only has 250 hours on it. Dealer did not want to hear anything about a possible manufacturing defect. They said they check for transmission vibration anytime a hydraulic line bursts. I'm sure labor cost will be high. LVA802447 alone is about $325 not to mention pick-up and delivery so this won't be a cheap repair. Hoping to get it back in a week or so. I'll post the final outcome.

It is a known problem, mine was brand new... Take and print out this and show it to them... They will always deney everything, just like they did for my 4wd...

/ 2520 tractor hydraulic leak #25  
I am considering a purchase of a left over 2012 2720-has this issue been resolved on the later models or is the problem still an issue?

Thanks-everyone.

/ 2520 tractor hydraulic leak
KBOTA1 I bought a 2011, 2520 and had a hrdro line issue at about a week old. My problem was very close to the hrdro pump.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...-2520-tractor-hydraulic-leak.html#post2433814

Wasn't to happy having to get my 2520 hauled back to the dealer, but it was fixed no charge. The dealer apologized for the problem, and no issues since.
The only other issue that a lot of members have had both with the 2520 and the 2720 was the fuel cap hitting the hood from not being centered in the hood opening.
As I recall a lot of members installed some washers to center the fuel cap,and eventually a Deere fix arrived, but I think it was the same fix with Deere washers.

I have not regretted buying my 2520 one bit.

/ 2520 tractor hydraulic leak #27  
I am considering a purchase of a left over 2012 2720-has this issue been resolved on the later models or is the problem still an issue?

Thanks-everyone.

Don't let this stop you. The 2720 is a great machine and it doesn't have the new emission equipment.

/ 2520 tractor hydraulic leak #28  
My dealer was not much help so I contacted John Deere directly regarding the split hydraulic line on my 2520. They responded promptly but refused to offer any assistance. They do not acknowledge any manufacturing defect in that line despite the warranty claims reported here by other people. They stated they will not offer any financial assistance since my machine is out of warranty being 5 years old despite having only 250 hours on it. Obviously the response is a bit disappointing and not what I would have hoped for but that's the way it is. I'll post the final cost of the repair once it's completed. Other than that it's been a great machine with no other problems. It's just unfortunate that this one is going to be an expensive one to fix since that line is so difficult to replace.

/ 2520 tractor hydraulic leak #29  
I visited my dealer yesterday to complete the deal and noticed oil under the quick connects for the loader. When I moved the lines slightly they leaked substantially. I pointed it out to the salesman and his response was we can fix that.
I don't understand why a new tractor/loader is leaking from the quick connects and it has never been used. I would have thought there would be better quality control on Deere products than this.
I planned to trade my L3400DT for this tractor, but have re-considered now. I have owned 5 different Kubota models and never had a quick connect or any other hydraulic leaks.
I really do want to buy this John Deere though, I like the size and layout and now will be primarily cutting grass only and am convinced it will meet my needs for years to come.

Can anyone comment on the longevity and quality of the 2720?

Thanks-All

/ 2520 tractor hydraulic leak #30  
I visited my dealer yesterday to complete the deal and noticed oil under the quick connects for the loader. When I moved the lines slightly they leaked substantially. I pointed it out to the salesman and his response was we can fix that.
I don't understand why a new tractor/loader is leaking from the quick connects and it has never been used. I would have thought there would be better quality control on Deere products than this.
I planned to trade my L3400DT for this tractor, but have re-considered now. I have owned 5 different Kubota models and never had a quick connect or any other hydraulic leaks.
I really do want to buy this John Deere though, I like the size and layout and now will be primarily cutting grass only and am convinced it will meet my needs for years to come.

Can anyone comment on the longevity and quality of the 2720?

Thanks-All

Are you saying the loader was attached? When you moved "all" of the lines they leaked badly? Well,something is surely amiss with that deal to the point that when the loader was installed that should have been noticed and corrected immediately. Not after the prospective buyer notices it. I'd be scratching my head concerning the staff at that dealership for sure.
As for JD's QC,I think it's pretty spot on. You just don't hear about very many issues. For as many different model of tractors they sell,their track record is pretty darn good IMHO.:)

The only issue,I've had with my 2520 (just about identical to 2720) is the fuel tank deal with the cap hitting the hood. I remedied that myself which was really no big deal,and it's been fine ever since. I've only owned it since 2009,so I can't give you anything about longevity,but quality wise,I think it's second to none.:thumbsup:

Greg