2555 and blown HST

/ 2555 and blown HST #1  

sdoubledub

Tractor
Mahindra 2555 HSTC, old Kubota and ancient ford
Early build 2555 with HST issues. Was working, went to back up, nothing. Next day, fired it up, drove it to the barn, nothing after initial pedal movement. Next day drove it a mile with never letting off the pedal. Second I took it off the pedal- nothing. Seemed like maybe a stuck valve or controller? Dealer has had it forever, said they needed a “fitting” to finally ran a diagnostic test to “send to Mahindra”. Gal tells me most likely my tractor is going to have the cab removed and be split into 4 parts. She also said at that point, regardless of whether it’s a small issue, that I should just replace the HST unit while they have it split. Makes sense. Problem is they refuse to give me in a wide range ballpark idea. That shouldn’t be that hard to do for a larger outfit. I’m sure they’ve done them before. Any mechanics or owners gone through this? How many book hours, etc? I really need to have an idea of what to budget for. Thanks in advance.

/ 2555 and blown HST #2  
Budget $50,000........that way it can only get better......

Sorry - no clue as to your questions

/ 2555 and blown HST #3  
Interesting, how many hours on your Mahindra ? Hopefully I never have to deal with an issue like that .
I did see a Kubota for sale a couple months ago with a little over 500 hours and it supposedly had a brandnew HST .

/ 2555 and blown HST #4  
I was once told Mahindra does not repair HST"s but just replaces them. If thats it then your looking at $9k for a new HST unit + a whole lot of man hours.

/ 2555 and blown HST #5  
Does that tractor have mechanical linkage to the swash plate? Just thinking out loud, if it uses potentiometers for actuation it could be an electronic problem.

/ 2555 and blown HST
Interesting, how many hours on your Mahindra ? Hopefully I never have to deal with an issue like that .
I did see a Kubota for sale a couple months ago with a little over 500 hours and it supposedly had a brandnew HST .
Around 650

/ 2555 and blown HST
Does that tractor have mechanical linkage to the swash plate? Just thinking out loud, if it uses potentiometers for actuation it could be an electronic problem.
No. That was what I was hoping for, as it had controller issues in the past.