265 MF help needed

/ 265 MF help needed #1  

diggerman

Tractor
135MF ,265MF, 820 belarus
I just started to hear a air leak I think it is coming from under were the injector meets the engine and wanted to know if this is must fix or if I can fix in two weeks after haying is done. It's been that way from the time I started haying 8 weeks ago but I just found were the leak was coming from. I think the seal was damaged when it caught fire last fall and the cold made it start leaking. The tractor seem to heat up this year and it seems to have a lack of power . Would that seal cause that?thanks

/ 265 MF help needed #2  
Probably copper washer at nozzle end. Have you tried tightening crab or hold-down? Shouldn't take but 30mins to fix...if washer is cooperative. I've had to thread lag bolt through some to remove.

/ 265 MF help needed
it is rubber and looks like tar now. Here is a picture of the bad seal and what it should look like.

Attachments

• 721503-injector.JPG
    721503-injector.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 138
   / 265 MF help needed
the picture is a little blurry but the one on the right is what it should look like . If you look close you can see the good rubber seal which looks nothing like the one on the left which looks like tar /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ 265 MF help needed #5  
Is seal between inj and head? A rubber gasket wouldn't stand combustion pressure or temp. Although if that gasket goes, there could be subsequent space in copper washer fit to cause leak. Many injs have o-rings on body that can be damaged from combustion leak. A safe check is to stop fuel to that cyl by cracking line and see id it runs different, or just pull it and have look-see.

/ 265 MF help needed
Yes the seal is between injector and head .I checked closer and it looks like a gasket of some type .I check online and found the copper washer your talking about does that replace the older type gasket or what ever it is /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Would that having a leak cause overheating and lack of power?