2706E warning light??

/ 2706E warning light?? #1  

Garrett2006

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 2706e
I have a Massey 2706E with around 90 hours on it. I had a yellow/Orangish warning light come on twice now. The light is on the right hand side of the ROM gauge lower light. I can stop **** off and then re start and it will stay off for awhile. I purchased a shop manual for it, but only thing I can find about it in there is the light will come on when the ECU determines a malfunction. See dealer. Tractor is running fine & haven稚 noticed anything odd. Had it痴 50 hour service done. Anyone else had any issues or might know what this could mean? Thanks

/ 2706E warning light?? #2  
I suspect it could mean any number of things, similar to the check engine light in an automobile. It's generic information that something isn't quite right. A number of different things could cause it to illuminate and the dealer may be the only place to get a read out of what's actually happening. It may not be major but it should be checked as it could be a precursor to actual damage.

/ 2706E warning light?? #3  
I have a Massey 2706E with around 90 hours on it. I had a yellow/Orangish warning light come on twice now. The light is on the right hand side of the ROM gauge lower light. I can stop **** off and then re start and it will stay off for awhile. I purchased a shop manual for it, but only thing I can find about it in there is the light will come on when the ECU determines a malfunction. See dealer. Tractor is running fine & haven稚 noticed anything odd. Had it痴 50 hour service done. Anyone else had any issues or might know what this could mean? Thanks
Here is my guess. I've seen it twice before.

You have an egr issue. The motor is running fat and causing brown sticky tar to build up. This causes the butterfly to stick when the engine cools down. Replacement of these components and a simple ECU flash will cure what ails it.

Another thing could be the throttle position sensor out of place. Just needs an adjustment. More common on the shuttle shift models with the floor mounted throttle.

Should be covered under warranty if it's not older than 5 years. You are responsible for pick-up and delivery.

/ 2706E warning light?? #4  
Mine does this all the time. It’s the throttle position sensor. Take off the dash panels and there is a little screw you tightened. I’ve gotten to the point now, though, that there’s no more adjustment left. And it’s happening almost every time I go to start the tractor. Calling the dealer tomorrow to get it looked at.