2nd flat on the same side of tractor...

/ 2nd flat on the same side of tractor... #1  

Podunkadunk

Veteran Member
First time, it was a puncture. I plugged the hole. Problem "fixed", holds air fine.

This last time I had a flat, I was bushhogging. A limb broke off the valve stem.

It seems to me that the valve stem should be on the outboard side of the rear tires (as is the front). Anyone know the reason why they are on the inboard of the rear tire?

Oh, the tractor is an L3130.

Podunk

/ 2nd flat on the same side of tractor... #2  
Did ya swap the tires side to side to dish the rims?

Soundguy

/ 2nd flat on the same side of tractor... #3  
Podunkadunk said:
It seems to me that the valve stem should be on the outboard side of the rear tires (as is the front). Anyone know the reason why they are on the inboard of the rear tire?

Oh, the tractor is an L3130.

Good question - the valves are on the inside of my L4200 too, which I've always considered a pain. That seems to be the stock setup, if memory serves. OTOH, I think the danger of getting the stem ripped off is similar inside or out.

JayC

/ 2nd flat on the same side of tractor... #4  
Many rims wind up with the valve stem on the inside by the time you get the proper spacing. Their not going to be on the outside all the time as muc as I'd like them always be on the outside. It might also be good if they always were on the top when I want to check the air pressure. Oh well first things first.

/ 2nd flat on the same side of tractor...
art said:
Their not going to be on the outside all the time as muc as I'd like them always be on the outside. It might also be good if they always were on the top when I want to check the air pressure. Oh well first things first.

"Chuckle"...

I hate that too! Plus, I want to take one of the tires off, spin it to where it is aligned at the same position as the other one. Every time I check tire pressure, I have to move the tractor at least once!

On the outside would alleviate that problem! That's it, I'm writing Kubota.

Podunk

/ 2nd flat on the same side of tractor... #6  
Valve stems are on the inside to allow use of wheel weights.

/ 2nd flat on the same side of tractor... #7  
Podunkadunk said:
"Chuckle"...

I hate that too! Plus, I want to take one of the tires off, spin it to where it is aligned at the same position as the other one. Every time I check tire pressure, I have to move the tractor at least once!

Podunk

Instead of moving the tractor just mark the location of the valve stems on the tire then when one gets to the top stand on that side break pedal until the other side comes up then stop. Problem solved!
Man you have to explain everything to some people.
Let me know if you need any more help Podunk :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D