3 point comes up too fast

/ 3 point comes up too fast #1  

glinke

Tractor
Mahindra 4035
I have a '55 850. Last night we were moving some round bales with the 3 point spike. Even if I only raised the position control a couple of inches, the lift arms went all the way up until the limiter chains stopped them.

This is not new behavior, but I did not really want to carry a 4x6 bale that high. If I lowered the control even a little, the arms went all the way back down. The draft control lever is in the horizontal position and will move down but not up so I am guessing the handle is installed correctly.

Shouldn't moving the lever about half way up raise the lift arms about half way? Or am I just more confused than normal?

Thanks in advance.

/ 3 point comes up too fast #2  
your limit chains are too short for one thing. the 3pt arms should be able to roate on the rockshaft till the rockshaft reaches full travel, without any restiction in upward movement via the chains that ar ethere to keep the arms outta the tires.

now.. to the problem.

2" of movement and the arms go all the way up?

time to pull the lift cover. my bet is she's ready for an adjustment after you repalce the cam follower pin, and perhaps build the cam surface back up and file to smooth and profile it.

generally the cam pin only rides about half of the cam, so it leaves a witness mark for you to weld up to and file down to correct profile.

top cover gasket kit is a whopping 14$ pin is 2$ or an old broke drill bit stem works great...

soundguy

/ 3 point comes up too fast
Thanks, Soundguy!

I ordered the parts. Does the pin just slide out or do I have to drive it out/unscrew it/hold my tongue just right?

/ 3 point comes up too fast #4  
just slides out.. once you have the linkage in a vice, and have a drift on it and beat it with a hammer, using a socket to backup the linkage so it don't bend when it 'slides' out with the hammer pounding on the drift.

;)