3-Point Hitch 3015HST 3pt. Will only pick up half way.

/ 3015HST 3pt. Will only pick up half way. #1  

super55ollie

My three point arms will only pick up half way. The operating lever has gotten hard to move. I have changed fluid and filters with no change. I had picked up a heavy load with my carryall a few days ago(1500lbs of feed). Next time I went to use it was when the problems started. noticed in the manual there is an adjustment but can't find it on the tractor. I must be looking in the wrong area. I really don't know what I'm looking for.

This tractor was one of the last 3015hst's.

/ 3015HST 3pt. Will only pick up half way. #2  
Check the jamb nuts on the linkage connected to the lever. It may be similar to my 2615. Look in there with a flashlight in the area roughly under the operator's platform. Mine were out of adjustment, and the lever was becoming almost impossible to move. I simply backed them off a turn, and re-tightened. Problem was solved.

/ 3015HST 3pt. Will only pick up half way. #3  
My three point arms will only pick up half way. The operating lever has gotten hard to move. I have changed fluid and filters with no change. I had picked up a heavy load with my carryall a few days ago(1500lbs of feed). Next time I went to use it was when the problems started. noticed in the manual there is an adjustment but can't find it on the tractor. I must be looking in the wrong area. I really don't know what I'm looking for.

This tractor was one of the last 3015hst's.

It sounds like your friction lock screw knob backed off and fell down and jammed the lever. Look with a bright light down the slot on both sides of the lever.
hugs, Brandi