3038 rolling

/ 3038 rolling #1  

Mark3038

Tractor
JD2305 JD3038
When I let off the forward or reverse pedal the tractor continues to roll rather than come to a stop, is there an adjustment to fix this issue?

/ 3038 rolling #2  
Yes there's a neutral adjustment for the swash plate angle on the hydrostat. Owner's manual or shop manual will have the procedure

/ 3038 rolling
Thank you MTGreen, the fix is not in the owners manual, I don't have a shop manual

/ 3038 rolling #4  
try greasing or oiling the common pedal shaft. There may just be a little too much friction.

/ 3038 rolling
try greasing or oiling the common pedal shaft. There may just be a little too much friction.
Thank you zzvyb6, I will do that

/ 3038 rolling #6  
Agree it is likely the pedals are not returning to a neutral position due to cold lubricant or not enough lubricant.
Does this tractor sit out in the weather?

Welcome back to TBN

/ 3038 rolling
Agree it is likely the pedals are not returning to a neutral position due to cold lubricant or not enough lubricant.
Does this tractor sit out in the weather?

Welcome back to TBN
Thank you beenthere, this tractor is used often and is stored in a pole barn in central Calif

/ 3038 rolling #8  
Looks like Deere is only selling hydrostats as an assembly nowadays so I'm not finding a real good diagram. https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/70967/referrer/navigation/pgId/66985574
Your swash plate is attached to a rod that goes through parts 2-3-4 in the diagram and your pedal linkages attach to the end of that rod.
You need to look for an adjustment point or eccentric bolt that adjusts the neutral point of the swash plate where there's no net flow forward or reverse flow to your wheel motors

/ 3038 rolling
Thank you MTGreen, I'm sure those diagrams will be helpful, I think I know where the adjust is, a 6" long threaded bolt, I need to get under the tractor. I will be busy for a few days maybe this weekend, thanks for your help

/ 3038 rolling #10  
I'd first see if you can manually move the pedals to a neutral spot, to assure there is not a friction problem.