3206 with under seat , plastic gas tank ....very bad leak !

/ 3206 with under seat , plastic gas tank ....very bad leak ! #1  

GTSRider

Gold Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 3000
Had to quit my project today due to a bad gas leak in my 3206. Gas appears to be coming from front of tractor area of tank . Do these plastic tanks chafe in that area ? Right now I have tractor front parked up hill , with gas at rear of tractor/tank ... and not leaking ....but if I prk with front of tractor facing downhill ....gas has a real bad steady flow leak . I'm hoping , and praying, it a rubber fuel line , and not the tank .... anyone ever run into this problem ... will remove seat tomorrow and see what I can see .... these old tractors always break down at the worst times .....

/ 3206 with under seat , plastic gas tank ....very bad leak ! #2  
Sorry to hear that your tractor has an issue. Let us know what you find

Richard

/ 3206 with under seat , plastic gas tank ....very bad leak ! #3  
Being that you can change how it leaks by the way you park it, I'm thinking that it may be leaking around the fuel outlet line or low fuel warning sensor. Both of those use a rubber grommet to seal around them and are in the center (middle) of the top that is in a low area under the seat.

PartsTree - Home of OEM Parts for Outdoor Power Equipment

/ 3206 with under seat , plastic gas tank ....very bad leak !
Pulled rear section off , and found it almost immediately .......yes you were correct ... low fuel sensor grommet was brittle , and literally disintegrating ....have a new one on order from PartsTree ....thanks to all responses ....